• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

University then army? (1 Viewer)

Secant

HSC
N/A
If you like wanna be gangster and shit then I don't recommend the army

~peace out homie~

Last edited:

deviouswatch

HSC
Hi,
I'm also looking at something similar, probably a Bachelor of Commerce at USyd, then hopefully a GSO Officer direct entry. Most Army positions don't need degrees, however having them won't hurt you. The Army does have plenty of admin positions, and that isn't a GSO course, that is SSO, which is like 16 weeks or something if I remember correctly. ANyway good luck in whatever you choose, I feel you with the dedication to country though.

Kittikhun

HSC
If you want to get up the ranks as an officer, you would need at least a bachelor's degree; I think you can't be promoted higher than the rank of Major if you don't have a degree, but I could be wrong. Most, if not all, of the officers in the Australian Army now who are of high rank have uni degrees.

You can do anything except SSO roles (docs, engineers, etc.) and combat roles (as you're a lass) with your degrees, so you can join Intelligence, Logistics, Signals, Medical (as a Medical Corps officer), Aviation etc. depending on how you perform at RMC Duntroon. Remember that the education requirements for a GSO are just a pass in the HSC, so degrees don't really mean much unless if you want to get promoted high up.

Anyway, best bet is to talk to a recruiter, or to call up your nearest Army Reserve unit. They should help you out with everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)