• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

University group work (1 Viewer)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
doing 2 group tasks this semester for 2 subjects

so far not good

Schmeag

HSC
N/A
Code:
How have your experiences of working in a group been at uni?
Positive. In my first couple assignments I had, none of us really did much but we put in the same effort. Later, I put in a bit more effort and everyone else did the same. Isn't this like the other thread?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Only did one group project in uni so far-and I am very glad it was only one-because often you don't get to choose the people you work with-and there is very little guarantee that group members can 'click together' and work together very well. I often do more than I am allocated to exercise greater quality control over the standard my group is presenting.

waterlml

HSC
not good. people are so quiet in my group and some of the people don't even understand the topic/question of the project.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
My experiences typically haven't been too bad. When i can't group with other co-op IT students (which is rarely) i seek out motivated non co-op's and am not too bad of a judge of character in that respect.

HSC
Uni Grad
Groupwork in uni seemed to be okay imo - just depends on who you get and whether if those people will contribute. A lot of the time it can be pure luck simply coz you can't choose who you will be with - other times you can choose who you can be with.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Doing second group assessment at the moment. ENGG1000 was alright, despite there being only 3 people including myself out of 6 actually doing anything (still bitter about being dragged down by peer assessment). Right now, MATS1101 in comparison is TERRIBLE, the seenzones in the FB chat is too damn high. It's all luck; no offense to anyone but generally I see more initiative from girls and internationals are too reliant on others.

Flop21

HSC
I don't get it... why would there be people at university - paying thousands of dollars - to do the course THEY chose - NOT doing the work???

Wouldn't everyone there want to be there and do well?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't get it... why would there be people at university - paying thousands of dollars - to do the course THEY chose - NOT doing the work???

I guess some people want do do things the easy way

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad

They may not have chosen it. The fact that they are doing a certain course could come down to something like pressure from parents, etc.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

because hecs is an easy debt to forget when you're not forking out money yourself.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Group assignments have, for the most part, been a shit experience... (most of the time I didn't get to pick the group, I either: didn't jerry with the group, they did fuck all work, group were a bunch of retard, members never rocked up, etc...) there was probably only one group I actually enjoyed being with for an assignment that was assigned to me, got a bit of a squeeze from that one, actually... :lol:

Groups I have been able to choose, different story...

Working together for individual assignments is where it is at...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)