• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Units for the HSC (2 Viewers)

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
How about doing 14 units in year 12?
No. I can understand 12, possibly 13, but 14 is faaaar too much. The time spent studying those extra 4 units could be time spent nailing your best 10 units. Theres no point of having extra units for insurance if those units are just gonna mess up your best 10 anyway.

Fiction

HSC
You still have time to play with the idea of whether or not to drop society. Personally I'm thinking of taking 14 units into HSC year (all my prelim subjects), then drop them as I go. <~ also in 2015'er :p I guess since society and culture has a major project, if you have sucky time management it may get difficult. All in all, it's probably a better idea to wait until you have an idea of how well you're doing in society before you ~chose to drop~. Have a look at Rumbleroar's post in http://community.boredofstudies.org/1054/general-discussion-2014-hsc/319369/should-i-drop-ipt.html The drawing up a table seems like a pretty neat idea :)

EDIT: @Panda15, 14 units isn't too bad time wise. I only have 2 morning classes a week and no afternoon c: That's leaves me the average student's study time in the afternoon. I get that it's extra workload... I guess I'm just a super nerd for loving all my subjects :p

Last edited:

Simran-

HSC
No. I can understand 12, possibly 13, but 14 is faaaar too much. The time spent studying those extra 4 units could be time spent nailing your best 10 units. Theres no point of having extra units for insurance if those units are just gonna mess up your best 10 anyway.
I currently do 16 units. Im gonna drop maths this year which will leave me with 14 units.
I dont want to drop my other subs coz I really like them.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
I currently do 16 units. Im gonna drop maths this year which will leave me with 14 units.
I dont want to drop my other subs coz I really like them.
16 units?! U cray lol

ameher

HSC
Wow thats quite a lot of units. I remember back when i did the HSC i did 10 units, however some people like the security of doing extra units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)