• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Underachieving (2 Viewers)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
first of all, i have to congratulate you for being a good 4unit student, men, 80% in 4unit is pretty damn good.

Second of all, I have to tell you that you are sooooo not alone. I have been there, done that, only that I was more disappointed than you are. But all that I could say is that, I felt very blessed because my eventual HSC result turned out to be a complete surprise- a good surprise. After thinking that I probably couldn't even make it into 90's for even one subject, I proved myself wrong when the results came back.

So all I would like to say to you is that, don't freak out too much. try to relax yourself a bit. I remember that last year, i felt totally underachieved too, being from coming first most of the time since year 7, then only to plummet down to outside top 10 in maths in my senior years, I felt that I got so out of control. But believe me, i only realise now that all that panicking and stressing weren't worth it at all because, in uni, you start all over again. no one will care if you have got 80% in 4unit maths.

Last edited:

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
Originally posted by Wohzazz

i don't think i could get 15% even with the worse luck if i know myself, but if i did, i'll probably sit down, and reflect on my stupidity as a person. then i'll probably suffer from the after effects of worthlessness and detach myself from society. oh, don't mentioned it, it is inconcievable
i got 15 % for one of my tests and failed a couple of others and i managed to fluke a uai in the 90's. its not the be all and end all and in the end it is a very small part of your mark. get over it and do better next time. simple

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I'm a perennial underachiever to such an extent that it isn't underachieving, and you do what you can. Because you can only do as much as you can under whatever your conditions are and your preparation.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I am in a similar situation. I took my biology half yearly feeling pretty positive that l knew most of the work. I went throught it the night before and made mind maps on every module, making sure l could quote as well.

I went into the test and finished within an hour. I got my results and l only got 55%, l was shocked.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
ya i was positive i got 100% in 3u math assessment but ended up with 60%. wft???

and whats even more strange is that i got 100% in 4u math assessment... weird... hsc is fucked. :(

gay math teachers who can't mark properly should be fired.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
excuse me i think that the HSC doesnt necessarily test intelligence it tests memory...if you dont have a good memory then basically you are screwed

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Katie123
excuse me i think that the HSC doesnt necessarily test intelligence it tests memory...if you dont have a good memory then basically you are screwed
yeah you need a memory for most of the subjects, and you need it in uni as well as i am finding out now

Wohzazz

HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
ya i was positive i got 100% in 3u math assessment but ended up with 60%. wft???

and whats even more strange is that i got 100% in 4u math assessment... weird... hsc is fucked. :(

gay math teachers who can't mark properly should be fired.
Hehe is weird. I got 84% for 4U, like 73% for 3U (fully bombed it). It was the 3U that greatly depressed. But now i'm up and going and studying for the half yearlies.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Wohzazz
Hehe is weird. I got 84% for 4U, like 73% for 3U (fully bombed it). It was the 3U that greatly depressed. But now i'm up and going and studying for the half yearlies.
LOL. at least you're still trying.

i already bombed out enough in 3u don't even bother trying anymore... everytime i get the easiest exam in 3u yet somehow my teacher marks it like an essay... where a right answer counts for nothing... oh well.

Wohzazz

HSC
Actually 3U can't really say anything to you if you get the right answer, they can only be picky and take marks off for little things.

I hate 3U exams, too much substituting stuff in formula stuff that an careful person can do. I'm no good at that kind of stuff, because i'm always careless. That why all my marks went. 4U is more proving stuff and you can't really get wrong for that so it is a lot better

and plus you don't need to study, you owned 4U
i felt sad for like 5 days after i got my test back after which i didn't do most of my homework, sat home and did nothing, was so unmotivated

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
i got my 4u maths exam back... i got 25/45... really crap, but the highest was 26. It was worth 10%, and the problem was the polynomials section out of 15. We got questions we had NEVER seen before, and to get the right answers we needed more time, which we did not have!!... oh well... i will study sooo hard for the half yearlies; i want to come first out of the 5 people doing it!!!
i wish i passed maths

xotic_rose

i think there is nothing worse than not meeting ur own expectations. anything short of that is just a stab in ur farken heart and ego - and it is sooo difficult to convince urself that everything will actually be okay. we are doing this all for ourselves - not for anyone else, so when we fail our own expectations, we might as well have failed the system!!! sorry... just had half yearlies... soooo depressed (with results).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)