• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UAI Prediction Please!! (1 Viewer)

Vertex06

HSC
Hey guys, I'm really disapointed with my Trial Marks, and generally overall. Been really lazy and stubborn, but i've realised that I should get my act together

My ranks are

2u Maths: 23/29-30(not sure)
Stand. English 52/136
Physics 17/19
IT 2/20 <--- 98% confident i can get a band 6, if not then a high band 5 TOO BAD IT DUSNT SCALE =[
IPT 7-9/21
Industrial Technology (Graphics), no clue. But I dont think it will be counting.

I understand for maths and physics my marks are low, but i've been really studying lately, and i got 28/30 for my last physics assesment because I actualy tried.

If I ace my hsc exams, eg.80+ in all? is there a chance of me getting 80's UAI? If i do really good in my hsc exam but my assesment mark is low, will that somehow pull everything up

I've estimated my maths assesment mark, and I chucked in a hsc exam mark (90 LOL) and i still only get a band 4 =[

NOT LOOKING GOOD

PS: Honesty will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Affinity

HSC
People would need to know what school you go to.. 52/136 at james ruse has a different implication to a 52/136 at say... at some schools which I shall not name.

If this was at parramatta high in 2003.. it will score you something around 68-78.

But please don't think about UAI prediction too much... even knowing your UAI in advance shouldn't affect your decisions.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Do you know how the rest of last year's cohort went overall? Which school is it?

flipball3r

Filoball3r
HSC
Cecil Hills High School. I heard only 38 percent of the school got offered into university, and half of those went to UWS

Last edited:

Affinity

HSC
If that is true then it seems like you are heading towards a high 60s to 70s

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
your ranks aernt flash, and from it i hope you will study and use this as your motivation, because in all honesty, if you dont study for a month now then it will be unlikely you will get 80 UAI

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
is that what you got? that's poor.

also, to do the original poster. if you continue on this way i doubt you'll get even 70.

leaderofrouge

HSC
angmor said:
is that what you got? that's poor.

also, to do the original poster. if you continue on this way i doubt you'll get even 70.
I always wonder about this...
If we should ace our assessments but stuff up all the exams or vice versa what would happen?

would there be a huge difference? I know both of them would obviously not be a great mark.

angmor

HSC
its 50 50. if you screw up your internals majestically, then you'll have to hope your school does well, and absolutely OWN the externals.

leaderofrouge

HSC
angmor said:
its 50 50. if you screw up your internals majestically, then you'll have to hope your school does well, and absolutely OWN the externals.
would it really be 50 50?

i heard that the external was somehow or rather weighed more importantly; in another words, u r better off (of the ideal is not stuffing anything) stuffing your internal assessments instead. That's what I heard.

flipball3r

Filoball3r
HSC
lol, thanks for the honesty. I definetly will be using the upcoming two weeks to its full potential, and ive done a few past papers over the past week. As i said, if i was to get good solid band 5s or 6s in those subjects in the hsc exam, would I even come close to 80s?

angmor

HSC
yes if u can get band 6s you'll probably get 90 even.

remember theres still 50% to go

flipball3r

Filoball3r
HSC
Serious.. but say my assesment mark is only 50-60...

Even if i get really high, i can barely get a band 6 as an OVERALL mark???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)