• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UAI and Ranking question (1 Viewer)

Mithoric

HSC
Okey heres where Im at -

Physics and english I'm ranked in the middle.
Maths - prolly last (screwed up majorly twice already:()
Software I'm top.
Chem I'm top.
Economics I'm in the middle (5th out of 10 but only just less than 4th) ..

Our half yearly exams start Friday and continue through the next week. I'm pretty sure I'll do well in everything, (80%ish for eng,eco,math,physics, 95%+ easily for chem and software)..

Now I predict that with these results I'm easily going to top chem and software no problems at all (tis easy) ... Physics and math I will probably get about 3rd and enhlish and eco will leave me at about 4th.

We've just come back from holidays and most people I talked to didn't study, so I'm at an advantage (because I did of course) ...

Will my rankings improve much if I obtain these rough estimates? I don't think that math will be counted in my UAI, and as such I'm trying to improve my rankings in everything else to get something good (90+)... I think I can improve my ranking significantly in physics economics and english.. maybe by at least 4 - 5 places in english, 2 - 3 places in physics and 1 place in eco.

Ok, so assume that I manage to correct my rankings (It's all pretty close) so that I'm in the top 3 - 5 and do well in the HSC I will be able to obtain a UAI in the 90's right??

untamedanimal

Its really hard to predict whether your rankings can improve because you havnt indicated how much people do the subjects, and the marks of other students also come into it. It'll be pretty hard to come first in maths considering you're last at the moment, but again it depends on numbers and other marks. If you were to get those marks you predict for the halfy yearlies in the HSC, you should be looking at over 90 UAI

Mithoric

HSC
Well it depends on the classes. English (Adv) has 20 ish.

Math is about the same maybe 18. But I don't think it's possible for me to get first in this unless everyone else just goes crap for the rest of the asessments. No one really get's massively high marks in my class about 80% or so which I know I can do better then but I stuffed my first 2 up like I said. So because of this I'm am not trying as hard to get as high as I can. I only devote what time is left after everything else because it won't be in my top 10 units.

Physics has far less it's 9 people.
Chem about 20 maybe a few more.
Software is 5 people.
Economics is 9 people.

The rankings for the top 4-5 in those classes (excluding software) are all really close, like if I manage to get 10% higher in most things I'll go up 1 or 2 places.

The class sizes are quite small as I have said above.. But the margin in which the top 3 - 5 separate from the rest is pretty big, like in assessments the top 3 - 5 get about 30%+ higher so it's good I've managed to stay at the end of that group (although would be better at the start).

English exam today, I've studied and I had 15 hours (more than ever in the last 2 years) sleep and now I'm up and full of energy and coffee to cram. So I'm looking at a good result.

megze

megan
HSC
ranking

im just curious of how rankings come into play on uai marks
im currently studying general english standard maths biology modernt history n PD/H/PE, and im coming first in all these subjects.with over 20 people in each class, (80+ in maths n english). i want a 90+ uai and have got over 90% in all but 1 assesment what is the average mark i will need to obtain in my HSC exam to qualify for a 90+ UAI

Pixydust*

someone kindly directed me to this place lol because i need some advice. If i attend a school which is ranked quite highly and i don't perform well (as in over 90) until after half way through the year, will i still be able to get a UAI 99ish (i want to get into law). Im currently ranked first in economics and legal out of about 70 people, and i'm coming in the top ten in business studies (maybe a bit worse now lol) out of 170. Any advice would be much appreciated

Pixydust*

i go to Cherrybrook Tech and i don't really no its rank but i'm aware that it's a good school so i'm not to worried about that aspect- is it true about business? oh dear :( lol

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
Pixydust* said:
i go to Cherrybrook Tech and i don't really no its rank but i'm aware that it's a good school so i'm not to worried about that aspect- is it true about business? oh dear :( lol
hmm i havnt heard of it...*-) but if u say so it prob wont affect ur business studies too much, as long as u do well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)