• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Two computers recieving the same messages.. (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hello, I'd just like to ask for a little bit of help or even an explanation with whats happening:

My computer is set up via a wireless connection using MSN 7.5, however my mother's computer is not wireless and also doesn't have MSN to my knowledge. However this morning we both recieved an MSN window from one of my friends with the exact same message and time stamp and addressed to my account. Can someone please explain how this can be? And how to prevent future messages, or any other type of data from being accidentally transferred to both computers. Thank you to anyone who has any solutions to my problem.:)

Last edited:

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
kami said:
my mother's computer is not wireless and also doesn't have MSN to my knowledge.
If your mum's comp don't have msn then the message can't be from msn.

There is a windows messenger service, which doesn't need msn and have been notoriously used for illegal third-party advertisement if you're unprotected from the internet.

Follow this link for micro-friendly steps to disabling the Windows Messenger Service: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/learnmore/stopspam.mspx

HSC
If your mother's computer is connected to the internet in some way, then your account may have been signed in with the windows messenger found on windows xp computers.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Ok, thanks guys - I disabled the appropriate programs. I'll see if everything's good now *fingers crossed*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)