• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Turkey, what happened to you? (1 Viewer)

googooloo

HSC
supercharged said:
Who the hell wants to live in a country with no alcohol? Not me.
Then stay in this one, a culture built on booz, I mean personally I think that is no life. I cannot make ppl stop drinking, but if I ran australia then I would ban ppl from having more than one drink a night, but I think ppl who drink to excess r stupid. If u vomit you've overdone it, but some ppl keep going.

googooloo

HSC
I think Turkey can be turkey, but if they loose islam in the proses and the next generation dislikes islamic ways, but still call themselves muslims, and not realising tihs, and that the hating ideas is western crap, then i think that is sad.
and wrong, forshame.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
googooloo said:
Then stay in this one, a culture built on booz, I mean personally I think that is no life. I cannot make ppl stop drinking, but if I ran australia then I would ban ppl from having more than one drink a night, but I think ppl who drink to excess r stupid. If u vomit you've overdone it, but some ppl keep going.

Thank god youre not running the country then. Not only would such a law completely lack the ability to be enforced, you'd also have a revolution on your hands.

fb07

HSC
SabtheLab said:
addy mac, yeh, a welfare state with more flaws than the islamic form- sorry what was that about evolving?? wasnt it meant to be for the better?

fbi, i guess were arguing completely different things. misinterpretation, i apologise.
Look theres no need to apologise, I understand where your coming from and there is a general misinterpretation with the position that Turkey is in in comparison to other muslim countries.. I've had countless arguments concerning this and what bugs me is that the muslim part of the argument think that Turkish people have lost morality and such based on things like .. not wearing the headscarf. I think that a person having a clean heart, good intentions and care for the mass is more important then wearing a headscarf or abstaining from drinking(and agreed excess is just plain stupid)- especially in todays society where everything is becoming about the individual.

I also think that the extent to which a person follows their religion is entirely upto that person and nobody else. I hate it when people ask me if I'd think about wearing the headcovering .. what the hell is it to you.. You do your thing, I'll do mine.

Mumma

HSC
the 'hijab' is not even in the quran. good work turkey!
fuck hadiths, they're full of shit anyway.

tempco

HSC
Mumma said:
hahahahaha, riiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Z_Nizzle

HSC
Mumma said:
don't tell me that ur muslim....because what u have stated is pure crap...how can u call hadiths shit?...Islam is the only religion that offers a complete way of life...hadith are a quintessential element of islam...dont u dare disregard them..if you do choose to then keep that to urself....if there is one thing that threatens this religion is secular crap.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Z_Nizzle said:
don't tell me that ur muslim....because what u have stated is pure crap...how can u call hadiths shit?...Islam is the only religion that offers a complete way of life...hadith are a quintessential element of islam...dont u dare disregard them..if you do choose to then keep that to urself....if there is one thing that threatens this religion is secular crap.
Leave him. He hasnt reached puberty yet. Just look at his sig, I bet he's a "death metal" fan who thinks that idolising satan is "cool". :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)