• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

trade (1 Viewer)

cyst

HSC
N/A
hmmmm, u guys prob seen my gfx design post's on this board but i thinking of going into some sort of trade, i hear it's where the big $$$ are
atm iam thinking of pluming but does anyone know of some trade's that i might of not heard of, but get decent wages?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
One guy that I know at home is doing an apprenticeship in making stainless steel benches etc for kitchens (commercial kitchens) etc. Apparently it is really good because the pay is quite decent (especially in regional areas) and it is a really clean trade- you don't get too dirty or too smelly. Plus the manual labor is not that difficult, so it is something where you won't wear out your body really quickly.

Plumbing you get paid heaps, however it is really hard manual labor, and you might have to retire when you are like 45 because you just get worn out from it.

Most trades at the moment pay well... sparkies, mechanics, whatever. Pick one you really are interested in, because if you hate it, it won't matter how much you are getting paid you will be unhappy.

doe

HSC
N/A
commercial air conditioning/refridgeration. my dad was a tradesman for a lot of his life then worked for a commercial/industrial building company. thats what he told me i should do if i was gonna do a trade.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Oh yeah I have also heard that air conditioning is a good one to get in to, you can earn heaps especially if you work in a place where there isn't much competition.

doe

HSC
N/A
yeah, especially in australia where its hot. my dad told me that when the a/c in a big building breaks they dont care how much it costs they just want it fixed.

adsta

HSC
I wish I had of done a trade. It's what I always wanted to do, but in my last half year of highschool, I decided to go to uni.
Don't do it for the money, do it for what you enjoy (that was my mistake). But for the record, I have heard sparkies will be earning the most.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
THe refridgeration part is important too.... restaurants and food stores need to have their fridges working properly to conduct business.

doe

HSC
N/A
another one i was contemplating was a diesel engineer/mechanic who work on boat engines and trucks. you can work pretty much anywhere in the world and theres not as much competition as with a regular car mechanic.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I empty/fill/fix waterbeds as part of my job. It's not really a trade like a mehcanic or electrician but its similar in that most people can't do it, don't have the equipment to do it or just don't want to risk screwing it up. I can make between $30 - $70 an hour depending on how complex the job is which is pretty good for a uni student. I'd never do it full time though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)