• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

thinning hair (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
Some areas of my hair are thinning and im worried that im getting bald, which is strange and scary for a young female. It might not be bald, but it is certainly thinning in areas, which since i cant see in the mirror feels like not much hair there

My flatmat told me to not use Sunsilk as tht made her hair fall out too iun places.

But i tend to lose hair in large amounts when i brush, normally half a brush...and it just leaves hair all over the place which is a pain in the arse.

advise pleaser!!!

CieL

HSC
Well.. you could always use two mirrors and look at the reflection to see if you're really going bald or not..

I guess you shouldnt comb in 'that' area.. but rather just hold the ends of your hair and run your brush thru the few inches at the end.. but that depends on how long your hair is..

I think it's normal to malt everywhere.. My hair's between by shoulderblade n ass somewhere, and my bathroom is littered with all these strands of long hair hahaha.. and when I wash my hair and comb my hands through my wet hair, I get anything from 1-10 strands of hair knotted around my fingers..

I'm not sure about sunsilk.. like I've said, I've used numerous different shampoo/conditioners and the rate my hair falls out is the same.. yet i've still got a head full of hair..

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Ok don't get the wrong idea here. This is the first time I've gone on the fashion thread.

But if your hairs' thinning or falling noticeably like you've described, you should watch your diet and lifestyle habit.

You may lack certain nutrition such as protein. I mean some girls don't eat meat coz they think they can stay thin that way; totally nosense.

Your sleeping patterns or stress levels; I usually get a bit stressed out a month before exams coz that's when I'm really into the books 24/7. My hair actually falls a bit during that time and always stops after the exams are over a week later.

Anyway, if you want your hair to stay healthy in thickness and numbers, sleep well, eat well and exercise which helps you to adjust your stress levels.

rozymisty

HSC
Hm well yes, I dont get a lot of protein from a diet of pasta, pasta sauce, packets of soup and milk really, but i guess thats what you eat when your on a tight budget.

My hair is naturally really thick and wavy and frizzy, which i hate. And my flatmate who is chinese is really jealous and wants curly/frizzy hair, i want her sleek straight hair lol. But yeah my hair is strange at the moment. I'll go and talk to a hairdreser the next time I'm out and about, although they'll prob try and sell me some expensive shampoo etc. I found on the Blackmores website it can be stress etc, but I am not really stressed in teh past few months compared to last year when i got kicked out of home...oh hang on yes i am streess...stupid banks and their fees putting me back further into debt.

2curvy4u

HSC
A lot of my hair has fallen out these past two years too... :S it does worry me because I used to have thick, beautiful curly hair, but now it just looks like a scraggly something or other... :S I've heard so many theories, that if you keep changing the shampoo or conditioner you use, your hair will fall out a lot more, or if you don't use the same brand conditioner or shampoo... I don't know what to believe!

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
rozymisty said:
Hm well yes, I dont get a lot of protein from a diet of pasta, pasta sauce, packets of soup and milk really, but i guess thats what you eat when your on a tight budget.

My hair is naturally really thick and wavy and frizzy, which i hate. And my flatmate who is chinese is really jealous and wants curly/frizzy hair, i want her sleek straight hair lol. But yeah my hair is strange at the moment. I'll go and talk to a hairdreser the next time I'm out and about, although they'll prob try and sell me some expensive shampoo etc. I found on the Blackmores website it can be stress etc, but I am not really stressed in teh past few months compared to last year when i got kicked out of home...oh hang on yes i am streess...stupid banks and their fees putting me back further into debt.
try not to go to the hair dressers, they'd most probably try to sell you their shampoos, products, and stuff. Try seeing a doctor, they'd be the right people to go to imo.
Try getting some mineral tablets, there are some types which might help strengthen your hair, talk to a doctor about these tablets, they might recommend some for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)