• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Return of Lost (1 Viewer)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I loved the first season but, like what will probably be the same for Prison break, these shows just don't know when to quit. The quality has gone down, the major premise of being lost, and everything that made the first season great has given way to boring sub-sub-stories and tiring love affairs. When ever there is something interesting going on (i.e. finding a sealed tunnel), it takes so many episodes to unfold that the suspense, while it may be there, is cheapified into the "bah, now we have to watch another 45 minutes of some random story that isnt that interesting just to come back to that" thought. I tried to watch the entire 2nd season but gave up. There might be some hope in another season, but i doubt it.

I'll probably get flamed now, but its just my opinion.

EDIT: i meant prison break, not jail break.. lol

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Watch it for Nathan Fillion, he appears as Kevin in the episode I Do. That's probably the only reason I can think of to watch it.

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
I loved the first season but, like what will probably be the same for Jailbreak, these shows just don't know when to quit. The quality has gone down, the major premise of being lost, and everything that made the first season great has given way to boring sub-sub-stories and tiring love affairs. When ever there is something interesting going on (i.e. finding a sealed tunnel), it takes so many episodes to unfold that the suspense, while it may be there, is cheapified into the "bah, now we have to watch another 45 minutes of some random story that isnt that interesting just to come back to that" thought. I tried to watch the entire 2nd season but gave up. There might be some hope in another season, but i doubt it.

I'll probably get flamed now, but its just my opinion.
I won't flame you...I'll agree with you :) I just want to know the mystery of the island....that's it! But everytime it seems to get closer, another mystery appears and we have to start all over again :( So yea, the quality has definately gone down.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
Lost really seemed to have potential at the start, but season 2-3 has really been pissing me off. the entire series is based upon creating dozens of meaningless mysteries that go unsolved +30 episodes later, followed by the death of a character indicating that such questions will never be explained or will end up being thrown into the "stuff to explain at the very end of the show" pile.

"omg look, its a pink 8 legged hippo with a strange tatoo on its back left leg making weird noises that vaguely sound like everything while walking around in a figure 8 and chewing on grass...omg i happen to be wearing pink" *lost violin sound, cut to commercial break, continue on with random stories as if scene never happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)