• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Nanny Diaries (1 Viewer)

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Read it. Was ok.. not amazing, but it was fun, easy to read and totally targeted at young women.
Ending was disappointing.

helmut

HSC
i really enjoyed it. but i suppose i read it quite a while ago...

if you hate small children, you will want to bash this little kid in the head

good book to read if you're travelling and want to pick up something every now and again to pass time

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
it's not bad...i felt a lot of sympathy for the nanny. the kid (what was his name, grayer or something) was pretty annoying...and his mother! i wanted to punch that lady by the end of the book, lol.

HSC
read the beginning at borders while waiting for a friend. sounds promising. the fact that it's been turned into a film makes it even more so.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Hello2U2 said:
read the beginning at borders while waiting for a friend. sounds promising. the fact that it's been turned into a film makes it even more so.
I wouldn't count on it.

Just because a book has been made into a movie doesn't mean it was a good book. Devil Wears Prada, anyone?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Tulipa said:
I wouldn't count on it.

Just because a book has been made into a movie doesn't mean it was a good book. Devil Wears Prada, anyone?
More like Da Vinci Code.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Tulipa said:
As was the book. That was more the point.
I hadn't read what you said properly :eek: I didn't mind the book, although the ending was pretty shit. I prefer the book over the movie. :)

HSC
Tulipa said:
I wouldn't count on it.

But if people (producers and stuff) have picked up the book and liked it, and thought it was worth the while to make a movie out of it, it must at least be halfway decent. It also helps get the book 'out there' eg princess diaries, one of my favourite books of all time. The movies werent that good, but the book was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)