• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Footy Show (NRL) (2 Viewers)

What do you think of the "new" footy show?

• Awesome!

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I liked the new change.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I didn't notice anything.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Nah, I liked the old footy show better.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Outrage!!!

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
bring back randy discotelli - sniff -

I thought it came to an alltime low when they introduced Rebecca Wilson on the show. What was she gonna talk about?

Sure, I like talking footy but isn't that why they have the sunday footy show as well? I thought thursday night was gonna make me laugh, now it's kinda makes me sleepy.

Do you know why they made it "new"? Apparently it's all about the ratings. I'm sorry but changing the show like this the ratings are going to get lower. They're probably not gonna make a best of 2005 dvd cos it'll be boring, there's really not that much happening.

They gotta bring back heaps of their funny segments such as your house and anything reg reagan related because it looks like they're trying to phase him out - and that would be a great shame.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
You get one or two gems, the rest are terrible. Those five year olds that come on are pretty much humiliating themselves, and of course the judges are gonna give them good scores because they don't want them to cry on set.

HSC
duckofdoom said:
I thought it came to an alltime low when they introduced Rebecca Wilson on the show. What was she gonna talk about?

Sure, I like talking footy but isn't that why they have the sunday footy show as well? I thought thursday night was gonna make me laugh, now it's kinda makes me sleepy.

Do you know why they made it "new"? Apparently it's all about the ratings. I'm sorry but changing the show like this the ratings are going to get lower. They're probably not gonna make a best of 2005 dvd cos it'll be boring, there's really not that much happening.

They gotta bring back heaps of their funny segments such as your house and anything reg reagan related because it looks like they're trying to phase him out - and that would be a great shame.
aha! yes! exactly the point i was trying to make from the beginning! they got the shows like the sunday roast etc, thursday night footy show is supposed to be about the boys doin' stupid hilarious stuff! and yeah i dunno wat Rebecca Wilson was doing there....honestly. most of my mates just refuse to watch it now, it's that lame.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
yeh i agree- all these changes and getting rid of the funny stuff is ridculous- its cos their ratings are goin down and because people like rebecca wilson keep dissing the show cos they dnt talk about 'footy'. I love the footy show though, and i still continue to watch it, i just hope they make it more intersting soon cos theyre losing ratings more and more.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
that sux, im not an nrl fan but still like the show it cracks me up, especially reg regan, h fukin killz it

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
nah the AFL show is pretty boring.... NRL is really funny, its for everyone, not only ppl that like NRL (for eg reg regan, beat the boys etc)

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Everything about Paul Vautin smacks with self-absorption and unprofessionalism. They do need more of Girdler and Matt Johns. Segments such as 'their house' gave its entertainment value.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Smokey_22 said:
Everything about Paul Vautin smacks with self-absorption and unprofessionalism. They do need more of Girdler and Matt Johns. Segments such as 'their house' gave its entertainment value.
where did girds go btw? he did that segment for a few weeks (cant remember what its called, something about goin back to players's old childhood memories or something?) and now hes gone. i miss girds :(

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
They've had some shocking new segments in the past. Basically anything with mario fenech was the biggest load of crap on the show.

edit: spelling

Last edited:

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
bazookajoe said:
No Talent Time was so bad.

I thought that was kinda the point.

Anyone remember the guy they had on no talent time when they went to do the snow show a few years back.... if you don't remember he was the stoned guy talking about falling down a mountian or something. That was quality laughs.

one thing they really need to get rid of right now is that ridiculous intro "Her's the new, new ,new footy show" lame ,lame,lame!!!!

HSC
does anybody remember 'robbo'? he was this short guy who used to go out on the streets and talk to everybody, usually pissing them off in the end. he usually ended up talking to all the drunks and losers.

one time he caught this guy who crashed his car whilst trying to park it, it's on one of the footy show DVDs you gotta see it its hilarious.

*mel*

king_of_boredom said:
does anybody remember 'robbo'? he was this short guy who used to go out on the streets and talk to everybody, usually pissing them off in the end. he usually ended up talking to all the drunks and losers.

one time he caught this guy who crashed his car whilst trying to park it, it's on one of the footy show DVDs you gotta see it its hilarious.
lol yeah i memba his first time on the show when that guy had to carry him on but dropped him. he was funny for a while but then he got a bit desperate. remember when he pissed off some old dude and he tried to hit him in the face.

and i also memba when he went to parramatta wearing some wrestling outfit and he kept drawing attention to his dick. lol

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
king_of_boredom said:

yeah!!!!!

I remember when he stopped this old man on the street and the old man started swearing at him.

While on the topic of remembrance who remembers "What's doing with Mario?" and "Crack A Fatty"? Crack a fat was pretty funny although it got dodgy when that poor guy won the car. RIGGED!!! oh well, at least he needed it.

*mel*

duckofdoom said:
While on the topic of remembrance who remembers "What's doing with Mario?" and "Crack A Fatty"? Crack a fat was pretty funny although it got dodgy when that poor guy won the car. RIGGED!!! oh well, at least he needed it.
YEAH!!! Where did crack a fatty go? That was so cool.

HSC
hahaha..

CRACK A FATTY!! *de de de de de*

Give the fat a whack! *de de de de de de*

lol whenever i hear about crack a fatty the theme song for it runs through my head and i can't get it out.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
i remember when crack a fat first came on. laughing so much. There were so many variations though. They had the dolls on the table, a person strapped to a wheel and those lifesize paper mache fatty's.

There was this other segment they used to have.... oh yeah "Look a likes". I haven't seen any in ages!!!!! Sterlo always hed the good ones but the french newsreader who looked like matty was the best!

HSC
duckofdoom said:
i remember when crack a fat first came on. laughing so much. There were so many variations though. They had the dolls on the table, a person strapped to a wheel and those lifesize paper mache fatty's.
haha u gotta see one of the footy show DVDs, fatty was setting up the lifesize paper mache ones only to find that he stuck himself inside the circle...and he couldn't get out! then, he tried to get out only to knock one over and start a chain reaction! lol

duckofdoom said:
There was this other segment they used to have.... oh yeah "Look a likes". I haven't seen any in ages!!!!! Sterlo always hed the good ones but the french newsreader who looked like matty was the best!
i've seen that french newsreader on SBS, he looks deadset more like matthew john's brother than andrew does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)