• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

the easiest to understand math txtbook (1 Viewer)

sega

HSC
hi guys, can u help me out? Whats the best and easiest to understand txtbook in maths? My teacher is currently using the 3unit jones and couchman book for 2unit maths, and the explanations are really difficult to understand. Thanks

bEAbEA

HSC
maths in focus for a "school textbook"
excel fast track for "study" or excel maths by topic exam questions

Robbo_m8

For 3 unit and 4 unit Cambridge is awesome. I presume it'd be good for 2 unit as well

rama_v

HSC
Robbo_m8 said:
For 3 unit and 4 unit Cambridge is awesome. I presume it'd be good for 2 unit as well
Yeah. The Year 11 Version isnt as good as the Year 12 version though. But they are still very very good.

maths > english

Rejected Member
HSC
i think fitzpatricks 2 and 3 unit books are by far the best.

he gives proper step by step explainations for all new concepts and provides many worked examples giving a thorough understanding.

his books also provide harder questions after the concepts are completely understood

however, fitzpatricks 4 unit book is terrible. for 4u use patels "foundations of 4u maths"

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Math in Focus.
Answer questions to understand basic concepts, and then move onto Fitzpatrick

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
ill tell you what NOT to use first.....NEVER use the coroneos maths text books(2unit red, 3unit orange) we use that at school....and it is by far the worst for an essay of reasons.

USE the fitzpatrick for hard questions and the text book by authors Jones and Couchman. That's a good book, Math in Focus is also quite good from my experience.

Last edited:

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Don't knock Coroneos. Whilst it isn't an easy-to-understand textbook, it's a good supplement to Fitzpatrick which can often simplify questions too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)