• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Breakfast Club as a related text? (1 Viewer)

gleeek

HSC
Hey, I was wondering if The Breakfast Club (yes the best movie ever) would be a suitable related text for belonging? Yes, as you can tell it is one of my favourite movies but my interest in doing it doesn't stem from my mere love for the film, obviously. I really think it has a lot of potential for the topic. But what do you guys think? Has anyone ever done this text?

enoilgam

HSC
Hey, I was wondering if The Breakfast Club (yes the best movie ever) would be a suitable related text for belonging? Yes, as you can tell it is one of my favourite movies but my interest in doing it doesn't stem from my mere love for the film, obviously. I really think it has a lot of potential for the topic. But what do you guys think? Has anyone ever done this text?
I agree, the Breakfast Club is a great film. To be honest, I would imagine that its a semi-common one which markers have probably seen many times before. However, if you really enjoy the film then you should do it. I know it sounds a bit stupid, but if you really enjoy something its so much easier to write about it in an exam. I did one of my favourite TV shows for a related in module in english, and my paragraphs for it were always amongst my strongest.

gleeek

HSC
I agree, the Breakfast Club is a great film. To be honest, I would imagine that its a semi-common one which markers have probably seen many times before. However, if you really enjoy the film then you should do it. I know it sounds a bit stupid, but if you really enjoy something its so much easier to write about it in an exam. I did one of my favourite TV shows for a related in module in english, and my paragraphs for it were always amongst my strongest.
I really do agree with this. I think it's because you will be more passionate and dedicated to the text and it will be reflected in your writing.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It seems like a text that should be overdone, but I get the feeling it's actually not. I could definitely work really well for this module.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)