• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

the body????? (1 Viewer)

up_in_surfers

HSC
does anyone know of anatomy websites or books that could teach me more about the proportion of the body. im having trouble drawing the body right.

Bonna

Andoria
HSC
Davinci's "David".. the picture with the guy in a cirlce..

might help

winicat

HSC
try general encyclopedias. there are specific art guides for helping with this sort of thing too - perhaps that would be better? try checking in your school library or, if you have a cool teacher, ask them what personal resources they have or know of. you might have to buy something from a book or art shop. if you do, try looking in second hand places - you sometimes get good books with other people's notes in them and these can be really useful.

el-salvador

ohhh yeah i think i have some sites that will help!

www.fineart.sk

thats got a loomis book online i cant remember any other good sites that i used umm yeah have u also tried ure library

Cellie

HSC
Bonna said:
Davinci's "David".. the picture with the guy in a cirlce..

might help
Leodarndo da Vinci. He studies the human anatomy and you'll find with his work there are many illustrations and such that shows the anatomy of a human being.

I bought a book from the Gallery of NSW and its called 'Anatomy for the Artist'. Its one great book! It shows drawings of muscles, bones, etc and the photgraphy in it are amazing.

Books of similar name or title and check out Leanardo da Vinci's work are helpful for finding out alot more about anatomy.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
mine it. >< I hope this anatomy idea doesnt turn into a BIG recurring theme.... like the "christ" thing last yr......

*turns in other direction*

lol, I think you must be talking about the eagle spread man by Da Vinci called the "Vitruvian Man" lololol...."The David" by Michelangelo is a good sculptural example of the greek proportions which emphasises man beauty haha.

winicat

HSC
stupid man beauty *shakes fist* if anyone wants general notes on that "perfect beauty" crap I have some (like, on the venus statues, etc)

Cellie

HSC
fi_babezy said:
mine it. >< I hope this anatomy idea doesnt turn into a BIG recurring theme.... like the "christ" thing last yr......

*turns in other direction*

lol, I think you must be talking about the eagle spread man by Da Vinci called the "Vitruvian Man" lololol...."The David" by Michelangelo is a good sculptural example of the greek proportions which emphasises man beauty haha.
LOL!!!!!!!!! Silly me, i wasnt thinking right on that one Fi. lol

i think i was thinking more on Da Vinci's name than the artwork "David". lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)