• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

the arts-psyche degree (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
okay i know i have to take the core subjects in the first year... and i know i can do the subjects that don't require any prerequisites in any other department.... but looking at it..... it doesn't really let u do much at all..... (only marketing101 in the business department) whats up with that.....??

what about normal art students?? i was looking at the pre-requisites and most of the units in the uni you have to be enrolled into a certain degree or have done sum other subject or whatever...... that sucks?? someone please tell me i'm wrong becoz the arts and the arts-psychology degree is kinda crap.... it doesn't let u do the interesting subjects

HSC
mmmm wot are ur subjects for semester 1 clairegirl??
i'm confused

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah, what do you mean? there should be quite a bit of leaveway in that degree, not just marketing?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
There are heaps of units on offer which don't have prerequisites, just flick through your Undergrad Handbook.

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
There are heaps of units on offer which don't have prerequisites, just flick through your Undergrad Handbook.
Here's a good list, that's usually available to Non-Award students as well.
They do have some UAI pre-reqs though.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
there are heaps to choose from! heres the list of arts im doing along with the psych cores:

PHIL137
SOC180
ANTH106
and im thinking of doing one of these:
EDUC105
CUL101

check the mq website here: http://handbook.mq.edu.au/areasofstudy.php
i think its easier to see whether they have prerequ's or not online rather than in the book. u can basically do anything except law and some sciences from what ive found

HSC
yeah i'm doing relatively the same as u mj...
but wen u think bout it clairegirl is right not much first year courses...:(

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey zaigen... yeah theres not many first year courses!! crapp!! ... heyy did u choose ebusiness or arts for ur degree?!? i just looked through the pre-requisites and i shudda freaking done ebusiness!!! :mad: :(

im in the process of making my time table... i'll post it once i get it done!! arrggh!! ur doin marketing 101 right?

HSC
i chose arts.... hmmm... i dunno i'm lost again :(
mmmm i might do MKTG101 but i looked at it its jus got lectures... hasnt it???
so i might jus not do it coz lectures bore the hell out of me
ummm these are the courses i'm deciding on:

ENGL106 S2
PHIL132 S2
SOC175 S1
ANTH150 S2
CUL100 S2
POL167 S1
PSY104 S1
COMP123 LOLZ ITS THE BEST HEARD IT WAS JUST KNOWING HOW TO USE THE INTERNET HAHAHAHA S2
MKTG101???? S1
BBA 103 mmmm sounds boring but i might do it coz considering i maybe doing commerce S1
PHIL132 S1

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Hey, with Barts-Psychology, cant you choose ANY arts subjects. I thought theres a great selection. Am i missing something?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
For my B arts-Psychology im doing this:

Semester 1:

PSY 104
AHST 100
STAT 170
PHIL 132

Semester 2:

PSY 105
AHST 102
PHIL 131
and probably a Bio unit

all these units are possible 2 do in my degree right? the handbook says crap all really.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah as long as you do the core, which i just read in another thread is 2 psych and a stat, then you can do whatever

just look at the subjects you may want to do in the next couple of years and see if any of them have prerequisites you need to do now

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
hi, i'm really not too sure about all this stuff, i'm doing a barts/psych and i was just wondering if these made sense as my courses for this year? i don't want to show up on enrolment day and be greeted by a blank stare, or possibly uproarious laughter at my poor subject choices.
semester 1:
psy 104
phil 132
stat 170
frn 122
semester 2:
psy 105
phil 131
engl 106
ahst 101

thanks

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
you've done the core, and chosen electives, looks fine to me

just make sure you look at subjects you may want to do next year or the year after and make sure you do the prerequisites

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
thanks, i want to do a fourth year of the psych honours course and i think im ok in regards to prerequisites, i've pretty much got the next 4 years mapped out..which is fairly depressing, actually.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
im doing

1st semester
psyche104
stat170
dem127
marketing101

havn't really thought about 2nd semester... as i think im going to transfer to a commerce degree

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by clairegirl
im doing

1st semester
psyche104
stat170
dem127
marketing101

havn't really thought about 2nd semester... as i think im going to transfer to a commerce degree
on enrolment i think you have to tell them about 2nd semester though so be careful and maybe have something ready, or contact them before the day to check

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Originally posted by cpjeeves
hi, i'm really not too sure about all this stuff, i'm doing a barts/psych and i was just wondering if these made sense as my courses for this year? i don't want to show up on enrolment day and be greeted by a blank stare, or possibly uproarious laughter at my poor subject choices.
semester 1:
psy 104
phil 132
stat 170
frn 122
semester 2:
psy 105
phil 131
engl 106
ahst 101

thanks
alot of you arts/psyche people are doing psy104 and phil 132 i wanted to as well but for psy 104 and phil 132...... dont u get lecture clashes?? for the thursday lecture at 11am?? just wondering if u guys willin for dis to happen??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)