• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Thai People at MQ? (1 Viewer)

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if there's many (or any) Thai people at Macquarie.

I'm thinking of doing a Thai language course during the summer and I'd love to make friends with someone from Thailand to practice both my writing and speaking skills.

Also, if anyone could recommend any quality providers of LOTE courses, I would greatly appreciate it.

Luke.

HSC
N/A
I'm sure there are. As to how to find them...

My best advice would be to head down to the International Office - level 1 E3A. Knowing that many international students desire the opportunity to develop stronger english-speaking skills, you might think about setting up a small peer group that helps them and you - assuming they've got some sort of noticeboard down there, whack on an advertisement, and then sit back and let them contact you :)

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
Luke! said:
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if there's many (or any) Thai people at Macquarie.

I'm thinking of doing a Thai language course during the summer and I'd love to make friends with someone from Thailand to practice both my writing and speaking skills.

Also, if anyone could recommend any quality providers of LOTE courses, I would greatly appreciate it.

Luke.
race traitors like you don't belong in the shire.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Thanks for the advice, glitterfairy. Using the noticeboards around university is an excellent idea.

sXcGuRl69aU said:
race traitors like you don't belong in the shire.
Hehehe... likewise;— shouldn't you be at Hillsong Church, praising the lord and singing bible songs?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Nah he's a fag, god won't let him in.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
haha was watching a movie and that line came on, no idea was kinda bored/sleepy :)

HSC
N/A
Luke! said:
Thanks for the advice, glitterfairy. Using the noticeboards around university is an excellent idea.
My pleasure.

You might also want to contact NCELTR - probably fits in better with the time line (NCELTR enrollments were pretty recent), and the staff there seem to be a bit more 'involved' with the students from what I've seen so you might get some better communication-to-the-public that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)