• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Term 3 assessment 3 revision (1 Viewer)

NizDiz

HSC
Another sheet of question, dont all except 4, cant do, if anyone can, help greatly appreciated and can someone do 5b, know I did that wrong, forgot simpsons rule. Cheers :)

Attachments

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
Doing (d)

(e) (ii)

Apply simpsons rule (look back in ur notes/textbook/internet to obtain the formula)
This means we find the distance TRAVELED from initial time (t = 0) to desired time (t= pi/3)

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC

(I) From this,

apply tangent ratio

The rest if ur job to do

(II)

Simply apply chain rule

Note:

-ve because he is falling so height is DECREASING

U have d(theta)/dh, flip it and then sub into chain rule formula

Then rest is ur job

U want to the rate at which THETA is changing when h = 2000 (ask urself, is theta increasing or decreasing as the human falls down to safety?)

Ur rate of chain equation has THETA but u want 'h', find a way to convert this THETA into h, so u can sub in h = 2000 and complete the question (another way is possible but its getting late)

Goodluck

Attachments

braintic

HSC
N/A
Doing (d)

(e) (ii)

Apply simpsons rule (look back in ur notes/textbook/internet to obtain the formula)
This means we find the distance TRAVELED from initial time (t = 0) to desired time (t= pi/3)
Generally this integral gives the CHANGE IN DISPLACEMENT over the time domain.
It gives the distance travelled in this case ONLY because the velocity is never zero in this domain, so the particle never changes direction.

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
Generally this integral gives the CHANGE IN DISPLACEMENT over the time domain.
It gives the distance travelled in this case ONLY because the velocity is never zero in this domain, so the particle never changes direction.
yep this is a more superior explanation than mine

would my answer receive full marks? or must i also explain that in this time domain, the particle goes in ONE direction (doesnt change direction and doesnt stop)?

Makematics

HSC
nizdiz i think you ask too many questions on these forums man :/ we're not here to do your homework. you should probably get a tutor or something to help you out. i mean we can only help you so much....

braintic

HSC
N/A
yep this is a more superior explanation than mine

would my answer receive full marks? or must i also explain that in this time domain, the particle goes in ONE direction (doesnt change direction and doesnt stop)?
I don't think it would matter, as long as the question didn't ask for an explanation.
I just wanted to make sure that NizDiz understood that in general a straight integral doesn't necessarily give the distance travelled.

braintic

HSC
N/A
nizdiz i think you ask too many questions on these forums man :/ we're not here to do your homework. you should probably get a tutor or something to help you out. i mean we can only help you so much....
What are these forums for if they're not for asking and answering questions. I agree with you regarding people who ask large numbers of questions in one post, or those who keep bumping their questions when no-one answers in the first 30 minutes. But he's only asked about one maths question per day in the last week, and nothing for a week and a half before that. That is hardly excessive.

NizDiz

HSC
cool thanks guys, only reason why i put the worksheet is that i have no answers and my mates havent done a lot, so wanna see if im right. Thanks again for all soltuions and help people, greatly appreciated :)

Makematics

HSC
What are these forums for if they're not for asking and answering questions. I agree with you regarding people who ask large numbers of questions in one post, or those who keep bumping their questions when no-one answers in the first 30 minutes. But he's only asked about one maths question per day in the last week, and nothing for a week and a half before that. That is hardly excessive.
whoops my bad, misread the post. i thought he was asking for us to do the whole sheet except q4 and q5 :/ not referring to nizdiz when i say this, but it's just rlly frustrating when people make an account, pile on a multitude of reasonably straight-forward questions onto the forums for a few days and then leave without even saying a simple 'thank you' or giving anything back to the community. although i guess you're right when you say the forums are meant for helping people out with problems

NizDiz

HSC
^mate, i always appreciate people who help me. I know all these questions piling up can be annoying and all, and i do apologize, but all I want to do is learn, and maths is all about doing problems, I'm no genius, hence I ask people here, as my teacher is like half lazy, as are my mates most of the time. I get lot of u people that help me and all are busy with hsc, work, uni. etc and I dearly respect that, but all I want is help. Don't have the cash for tutors so here is the best place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)