• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

teachers printing off notes from this site? (1 Viewer)

T

timbk2

has anyone ever noticed "lazy" teachers who print out notes and papers off the website?

I remember i've had lazy teachers before who'd reuse other peoples stuff. But i never had this site for my hsc (one of the reasons why we made it) , so yea. . . what do we think?

This also applies for tutoring places aswell. I can remember my tutoring place just printing out hundreds of copies of other peoples stuff.

Huy

HSC
N/A
A few of my teachers have recommended this website, but I know of one or two teachers who have taken notes from the website to aid in teaching resources and student classnotes.

They have given credit where credit is due of course. If it'll help the students, then I'm all for it.

Our IPT teacher printed 20 copies of fatmuscle's IPT pdfs for all core modules including the two option modules.

That'll be about:
80 pages per student+ :)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
my adv english teacher has printed notes and gave the class a copy but i cant remember what it was now, she recomends this site highly and also likes showing us ex-student's essays, standard packages etc. never really seen her own notes, she likes stealing, she said it herself but not in the exact words
once she gave us a copy of 'my place' notes which was 'stolen' from one of her past students which was 'stolen' from a tutor...... my teacher is lazy

my religion teacher also recomends this site, he knows a lot and wrote the bloody living religion textbook, he has taken "kim's" notes along with others which he found useful and put it on our school intranet

my maths teacher doesn't really like this site, except he tells us to get the pass papers, he hates the uai seeker cause he thinks it's all a load of crap and gives the wrong impression to people

for ipt, i think my teacher finds this site useful, he has even provided pass exam and assessment to the site

Last edited:

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
My english teacher printed out someone's sky-high and the door notes. It had BOS in the top corner, and she told us she got it from there, its a good site and to check it out. But i dont think shes one of those lazy teachers, who dont majorly make their own notes.

Darkiris

mooie!
my ext 1 eng teacher copies it down from the csu website and then writes it on the board for us to copy down

therefore all year i have written nothing because i have it all online

T

timbk2

yeah, its good if they credit the owners and recommend the site to students.

i've had one or 2 lazy ones b4 who im pretty sure would use stuff as if it were their own work.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by redslert
my maths teacher doesn't really like this site, except he tells us to get the pass papers, he hates the uai seeker cause he thinks it's all a load of crap and gives the wrong impression to people
can you elaborate - 'wrong impression'? merely curious. :)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Yeah a few teachers reccommend the site but i dont think any use it for teaching... lolz..

As for UAI seeker i think its a lot more accurate than Lazseeker cept i havnt got round to update the formulas in Lazseeker

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
my english teachers print notes from here and hsc.csu.edu.au

my chem teacher prints chem exams from here, so does my chem tutor

thats about it

lorigan85

i only know one teacher who knows about it, and its cos she was selling these booklets with past papers for $15 each and i said why dont you just download & print from boredofstudies.org and she was like "err yeah well..if you want to print it all out.." lol she was a bit nervous and told me to keep it to myself. Shes probably trying to make some money on the side.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I've had teachers reccomend the site, but not copy notes from it (that i've noticed.. ;))

LOL bout the past papers!! My wholes maths department did that, and a few of us were 'can you just print them off the net?'. We never did get a straight answer from them ;)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Darkiris
my ext 1 eng teacher copies it down from the csu website and then writes it on the board for us to copy down

therefore all year i have written nothing because i have it all online
thats crap! these sites are meant 2 b helping us with the work, they're not the work from school!

well yeah we have got some from here from school, but that was just because the teachers know some of US are lazy and wont b bothered 2 print them off

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
and i 4got 2 say.. 1 teacher thought the notes from here were from the real BOS site - must have read the header wrong!

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
can you elaborate - 'wrong impression'? merely curious. :)
well we all got the free excel survial guides to hsc... inside there was advert to uai seeker and he just told the class not to use it because it's a load of garbage and does not give accurate result, it's merely good to satisfy yourself with imaginary results. it was something along those lines.....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by redslert
well we all got the free excel survial guides to hsc... inside there was advert to uai seeker and he just told the class not to use it because it's a load of garbage and does not give accurate result, it's merely good to satisfy yourself with imaginary results. it was something along those lines.....
some people were considering dropping subjects coz the uai seeker told them it was their worst subject....

foxy

i was made for lovin u...
yeah, our extension english teacher printed out someone's essay about RTFG!

but then half the class didnt even notice and were like "what site???"

SO... he then recommended the site to them, for notes, coz u get to "see the standard of other students work, not just MY class notes i teach u!" HAHA!

fatmuscle

HSC
There's some pay for essays site on the net somewhere

There's a lot of BOS essays up there!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)