• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE: Unites States & China....? (1 Viewer)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
doggogo8 said:
It is not a province ,don't be so straight!
It's a province, and at most an SAR. Whatever it is, it remains part of the Peoples Republic of China.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Bone577 said:
It is a country by it's own proclamation. Country is a term referring to a nation being recognised as such. Hence, it is a matter of semantics. In China Taiwan is a province, and in Taiwan it is a country.

US support for Taiwan is based on the fact that China is going to be the biggest threat to US hegemony in the future, what small amounts of money the US makes from Taiwan is insignificant to the geo-political and military benefits.

However, this in no way mean that Taiwan is any less entitled to its right to self-determination, no matter the nationalistic zeal of Chinese people living in Australia who would probably not want to live under the fascistic and unfair rule of the former extreme communist turned extreme capitalist country.
Tasmania is its own country by its own proclamation. I've been down there, and a lot of Tasmanians want to be independent from Australia. It doesn't matter, because the rest of Australia doesn't recognise Tasmania as its own country. In China, Taiwan is a Province. In Taiwan Province, Taiwan is STILL a Province of the People's Republic of China. It doesn't matter where you are, because a fact remains a fact no matter where you are.

The people who live in Taiwan Province are entitled to self-determination, in that they can elect their representatives to the National Peoples Congress. They DON'T have the right (and never will) to declare themselves a new country, as much as I do to declare that my house here in Greystanes is Sovereign land and independent from Australia. My house is not sovereign land, and nor is Taiwan Province anything except part of China.

Further argument on this issue is irrelevant, because quite frankly the opinions of those without Chinese blood are worth less than a piece of shit-covered toilet paper. You can frame it up, and call it an artistic masterpiece, but it's still a piece of shit-covered toilet paper and should be afforded the same respect.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
Tasmania is its own country by its own proclamation. I've been down there, and a lot of Tasmanians want to be independent from Australia. It doesn't matter, because the rest of Australia doesn't recognise Tasmania as its own country. In China, Taiwan is a Province. In Taiwan Province, Taiwan is STILL a Province of the People's Republic of China. It doesn't matter where you are, because a fact remains a fact no matter where you are.

The people who live in Taiwan Province are entitled to self-determination, in that they can elect their representatives to the National Peoples Congress. They DON'T have the right (and never will) to declare themselves a new country, as much as I do to declare that my house here in Greystanes is Sovereign land and independent from Australia. My house is not sovereign land, and nor is Taiwan Province anything except part of China.
Just because you say they don't have the right doesn't make it so. In fact all it does is make your wrong. May I direct you to the UN charter, ICCPR, UDHR and numerous other conventions and treaties which China along with any halfway moral nation has signed and ratified all cover the right to self determination.

In fact if the Tasmanians DID want to be independant (your statement is suspect to say the least) then yes they do have a right. I have said this before yet you still use the same ludicrous analogy.

Saying that non-chinese people have no right to comment is stupid, and seems to me a (unsuccessful) method of trying to disqualify the voice of reason (people who disagree with you).

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
If Tasmania wished to be independent, they do NOT have that right unless the rest of Australia is willing to give it to them.

And the people of Taiwan DO have the right to self-determination. They have the same right as the rest of the country to elect their leaders to the National Peoples Congress. They do NOT have the right to destroy our country by splitting it in two.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
A good Western nation should take command of the Taiwan situation. History has shown us that Orientals are clearly incapable of governing themselves effeciently and as a result, have had to lok to the West for leadership.

Hong Kong residents don't like to admit it, but British administration saw much more prosperous times.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
If Tasmania wished to be independent, they do NOT have that right unless the rest of Australia is willing to give it to them.

And the people of Taiwan DO have the right to self-determination. They have the same right as the rest of the country to elect their leaders to the National Peoples Congress. They do NOT have the right to destroy our country by splitting it in two.

Listen again, UN Charter, UDHR, ICCPR all state the right to self determination. And NO they DO NOT need Chinese permission to be independant.

That is like saying East Timor needs Indonesias permission.
Or the US needs the British permission.
Or Palestine needs Israels permission.
In short... no.

Also, self-determination means complete autonomy, period. Again, UN Charter, UDHR, ICCPR all of which China has ratified support my case. Self determination does not mean subversion.

doggogo8

HSC
Phanatical said:

Hey, dude,chill,
WAIT a sec, why did u use the sentence "They do NOT have the right to destroy OUR country by splitting it in two."
First of all, Taiwan doesn't belong to China (unless u are assuming being too extreme) , so HOW IN THE HELL CAN THEY destroy OUR country?
second, we are not destroying ur country by trying to go for independence., we are NO TERRORISTS or BIG BULLIES( not like SOME CHINA)
AND , ur comparance between tasmania and taiwan is HA VERY VERY GOOOD RIGHT OH>? Even if Tasmania wanted to declare independence, as long as the huge majority agree , about 80% ,what's wrong with that,
ARE U TELLING ME THAT THE TASMANIAN PEOPLE AND TAIWAN PEOPLE ARE LIKE SOME KIND OF DOGS OR STH, THEY HAVE NO RIGHT IN THE WORLD TO SAY AND DO WHAT THEY THINK? after all taiwan is not funded by terrorists are they?

doggogo8

HSC
Bone577 said:
Listen again, UN Charter, UDHR, ICCPR all state the right to self determination. And NO they DO NOT need Chinese permission to be independant.

That is like saying East Timor needs Indonesias permission.
Or the US needs the British permission.
Or Palestine needs Israels permission.
In short... no.

Also, self-determination means complete autonomy, period. Again, UN Charter, UDHR, ICCPR all of which China has ratified support my case. Self determination does not mean subversion.
ha,thanks a lot for explaining, ur concept ROCKS , i LOVE IT!!!!

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
leetom said:
A good Western nation should take command of the Taiwan situation. History has shown us that Orientals are clearly incapable of governing themselves effeciently and as a result, have had to lok to the West for leadership.

Hong Kong residents don't like to admit it, but British administration saw much more prosperous times.
Oh FUCK YOU. History has shown us that the Chinese people have produced far better leaders than anything the west has ever produced.

And Taiwan is an inalienable part of the Peoples Republic of China, and if it is separated from the rest of China, would result in the separation of our MOTHERLAND. It is not just a country, it is the homeland of our culture, and by destroying our country, you destroy our glorious culture.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
Oh FUCK YOU. History has shown us that the Chinese people have produced far better leaders than anything the west has ever produced.

And Taiwan is an inalienable part of the Peoples Republic of China, and if it is separated from the rest of China, would result in the separation of our MOTHERLAND. It is not just a country, it is the homeland of our culture, and by destroying our country, you destroy our glorious culture.

If that is the wish of the Taiwanese people then that is all that matters.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
If it were the wish of the Greystanes people to declare the Nation of Greystanes, is it our right to declare ourselves independent? Fuck no. Taiwan has no right to declare itself independent, not only because 99% of China doesn't want it to, but because 99% of the people within Taiwan Province itself don't want it to separate from our Glorious Motherland.

So fuck you.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Phanatical don't be stupid... historians have had a much better chance to look back and scritinise the leaders of the west...

The comment you made, and letom made i'd say are some of the most arrogant racist statements i've ever seen on this board.

Phanatical, which survey shows that '99% of the people living within taiwan don't want independance'.

You're making up more bs statistics, like your one about tasmania...

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
If it were the wish of the Greystanes people to declare the Nation of Greystanes, is it our right to declare ourselves independent? Fuck no. Taiwan has no right to declare itself independent, not only because 99% of China doesn't want it to, but because 99% of the people within Taiwan Province itself don't want it to separate from our Glorious Motherland.

So fuck you.
I would also be interested in your sources. Also, comparing a suburb to an autonomous region is ludicrous. It would be far more relevant to compare it to something like East Timor, or Aceh, or Palestine, or if you want to be an imbecile Tasmania, all of which have this right... even Taiwan. You saying it doesn't is not only baseless, it is wrong and not an argument.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Taiwan is the only Chinese provice where traditional Chinese customs are not frowned upon by the government. Taiwan embodies what mainland China should be.

CCP tried to outlaw cricket fighting for fucks sake.

Bring back the Spheres of Influence I say.

doggogo8

HSC
Phanatical said:

So fuck you.
For god's sake, why the FUCK can't u shut up ur mouth (u keep using fuck)
Ur fact thet 99% of the people in Taiwanese don't want to go to independence is VERY VERY interesting. >"< WOW i've never heard of such a statisics before.
OH and some guy said that "...destroy our motherland...." and whatever.
Hmm..... ur statement is very silly. We are not destroying YOUR country by declaring OUR independence. I wonder how many times i have to tell u that?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It's OUR country, as much mine as it is yours, Especially since I have blood from that region of China.

berry580

HSC
neo_o said:
Precautions need to be taken against a group of people whom in previous situations haven't flinched from strapping bombs to the backs of children.
Do you have a single digit IQ or something?

I don't know about you, but I'll doubt anyone with common sense would take precautions by unloading their clip of bullets at a bombing that's moving AWAY.

berry580

HSC
doggogo8 said:
Oh, and did i mention China continually bulling Taiwan, check it out, it isn't really anything to be proud of. For such a country,taiwan , where the people work so hard , the people have so high hopes, and here is china , making taiwan BAD BAD BAD, saying they are TRAITORS, and than all the hopes and hard work, sweat Taiwan once have, IS DEMOLISHED IN ONE SECOND, making Taiwan feel SAD, MAD, ANGER, WE ARE A COUNTRY WHERE PEOPLE WORK HARD, ARE KIND , HELP OTHERS, i just hope some of the people who post here PLEASE put yourself in our shoes, HOW WOULD U FEEL, HOW PAINFUL AND SAD IT IS FOR SUCH A SMALL ISLAND TO BE DESTRUCTED BY SUCH A HUGE NATION-----CHINA.
They're Chinese traitors and rebels.
Taiwan IS part of China and China includes the island Taiwan just like how Australia owns the island Tasmania.

About your destruction bullsh!t, got find a hole and cry in it.

Everything comes at a price. The destruction of Taiwan in return for the unity of all China and for true peace (no civil war), it's more than worth it.

ur comment is really not quite good! >"<
u haven't got any sufficient evidence to claim a few things, check out ur history book before u make up ur mind that, "taiwan is def a part of china, its ridiculous that it isnt, its like tasmania wanting independance. "
really i'm not offending u but looook at ur history book ,
taiwan is NO PART OF CHINA, NONONO!!!!
before China went ....... communist, taiwan had to back away, to avoid many things, and phew! Taiwan did or it will be devastated by many horror events the communist China once did .
yep, the U.S supports Taiwan for the sake of money, but look dude,JUST BECAUSE THE U.S WANTS OUR MONEY,that doesn't justify it, IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE IS WRONG. This world will go mad if people judge to quick, like bush, don't compare Taiwan to any other country, it is stupid, Tasmania,Hawaii, any other, don't be to extreme because u might offend some here
If you want Taiwan to be a country so the Chinese can have their endless civil war forever, then just say the word.

Just because you say they don't have the right doesn't make it so. In fact all it does is make your wrong. May I direct you to the UN charter, ICCPR, UDHR and numerous other conventions and treaties which China along with any halfway moral nation has signed and ratified all cover the right to self determination.

In fact if the Tasmanians DID want to be independant (your statement is suspect to say the least) then yes they do have a right. I have said this before yet you still use the same ludicrous analogy.

Saying that non-chinese people have no right to comment is stupid, and seems to me a (unsuccessful) method of trying to disqualify the voice of reason (people who disagree with you).
If they have the military and political power, then yes they do, but by the looks of the trend, they're have less and less right and soon or later, they'll be no better than prostitutes. What I recommend is that, since they're still in the position to talk, they should talk peace and be a SAR like HK. This solution would be way better than missile landing on top of it.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
berry580 said:
They're Chinese traitors and rebels.
Taiwan IS part of China and China includes the island Taiwan just like how Australia owns the island Tasmania.

About your destruction bullsh!t, got find a hole and cry in it.

Everything comes at a price. The destruction of Taiwan in return for the unity of all China and for true peace (no civil war), it's more than worth it.

If you want Taiwan to be a country so the Chinese can have their endless civil war forever, then just say the word.

If they have the military and political power, then yes they do, but by the looks of the trend, they're have less and less right and soon or later, they'll be no better than prostitutes. What I recommend is that, since they're still in the position to talk, they should talk peace and be a SAR like HK. This solution would be way better than missile landing on top of it.
just, get over yourself?
..|..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)