• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

TAFE is SHIT (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Whats with the TAFE bashings, ppl u should really grow up

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
timyates_87 said:
i belive tafe is SHIT and anyone who wants to aviod a shit life with low pay should ditch the TAFE system and consider uni.
Excuse me!!!!! :mad: I'm very happy to be at tafe. Yeah there are some ppl that have nothing better to do than bum around and make life hard for ppl, but u get that where ever you are in life.
I worked my arse off in the HSC to be able to get into the Tafe course I wanted, I'm in the selective welfare course @ Bathurst TAFE and its no easy course. With the amount of work I have to do Iam only getting 3-4 hrs of sleep & working my arse off to ensure I get the marks to get my Dip @ the end of nx yr.
Atm I have 8 assignments and this is only my first semester. I know that despite ur narrow minded comment I will be one of those students with a future. I get more personal support @ TAFE to cater for my physical disability than I would @ uni and I know that for fact because I sat down with a disability adviser @ the uni I applied for and I would not get support outside of lectures, so if I was living on campus I'd not get support to help with my everyday living. It also would not be assured that I'd get the support to cope in lectures. At TAFE I have someone employed by TAFE who does everything I need done.

Sometimes for those like myself (Who miss out on uni placings TAFE is the only other option)It's time some of you uni students opened ur eyes and wake up to the fact & reality that the TAFE System can be just as successful as the uni system and that there are TAFE Students who do work their ass of and become sucessful in life. Uni is soooooooo Bloody overrated!!!! :uhhuh: I'd like to see how many uni students drop out & cross over into the TAFE system....

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
Excuse me!!!!! :mad: I'm very happy to be at tafe. Yeah there are some ppl that have nothing better to do than bum around and make life hard for ppl, but u get that where ever you are in life.
I worked my arse off in the HSC to be able to get into the Tafe course I wanted, I'm in the selective welfare course @ Bathurst TAFE and its no easy course. With the amount of work I have to do Iam only getting 3-4 hrs of sleep & working my arse off to ensure I get the marks to get my Dip @ the end of nx yr.
Atm I have 8 assignments and this is only my first semester. I know that despite ur narrow minded comment I will be one of those students with a future. I get more personal support @ TAFE to cater for my physical disability than I would @ uni and I know that for fact because I sat down with a disability adviser @ the uni I applied for and I would not get support outside of lectures, so if I was living on campus I'd not get support to help with my everyday living. It also would not be assured that I'd get the support to cope in lectures. At TAFE I have someone employed by TAFE who does everything I need done.

Sometimes for those like myself (Who miss out on uni placings TAFE is the only other option)It's time some of you uni students opened ur eyes and wake up to the fact & reality that the TAFE System can be just as successful as the uni system and that there are TAFE Students who do work their ass of and become sucessful in life. Uni is soooooooo Bloody overrated!!!! :uhhuh: I'd like to see how many uni students drop out & cross over into the TAFE system....
TAFE is a great place for para-professionals and trades, and instead of discouraging ppl, we should be promoting this, as we have a skill shortage in the trades

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
TAFE and uni are equally great places to gain an education. Both offer different skills and different courses. I've been to both, I did a subject in year 12 at TAFE and loved it.

Personally, I like uni more only because I don't like practical work, I'd prefer to get all theory. If I didn't get into uni, I'd be doing a diploma in tourism right now.

Either way, if you graduate from either TAFE or uni from that course that you wanted to do, you gain the skills and qualifications that you will need to hopefully get employment. And theres nothing wrong about going to TAFE, although, there should really be more encouragement for people to attend TAFE and become skilled in trades; as Korn pointed out, there is a lack of people who have skills within this sector.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
so basically unis need to invent degrees to become a plumber, electrician, beautician, hairdresser, mechanic or chef? or do you expect these people to wake up suddenly and be skilled in a trade?
and yes there is a need for skilled trades.. my brother is an electrician and makes alot more money than my bro who graduated with a b commerce because he is constantly getting job offers from friends as well as through his workplace.. because there is a lack of electricians.
id love to go to tafe to learn sign language but unfortunately have a heavy workload at the moment with my degree at one uni and a certificate in languages at another uni.. but that shall be one of my goals once i have a bit more free time.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
cro_angel said:
so basically unis need to invent degrees to become a plumber, electrician, beautician, hairdresser, mechanic or chef? or do you expect these people to wake up suddenly and be skilled in a trade?
and yes there is a need for skilled trades.. my brother is an electrician and makes alot more money than my bro who graduated with a b commerce because he is constantly getting job offers from friends as well as through his workplace.. because there is a lack of electricians.
id love to go to tafe to learn sign language but unfortunately have a heavy workload at the moment with my degree at one uni and a certificate in languages at another uni.. but that shall be one of my goals once i have a bit more free time.
What major did he do in b Commerce

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Cape said:
TAFE and uni are equally great places to gain an education. Both offer different skills and different courses. I've been to both, I did a subject in year 12 at TAFE and loved it.

Personally, I like uni more only because I don't like practical work, I'd prefer to get all theory. If I didn't get into uni, I'd be doing a diploma in tourism right now.

Either way, if you graduate from either TAFE or uni from that course that you wanted to do, you gain the skills and qualifications that you will need to hopefully get employment. And theres nothing wrong about going to TAFE, although, there should really be more encouragement for people to attend TAFE and become skilled in trades; as Korn pointed out, there is a lack of people who have skills within this sector.
hey where @ ryde tafe does yr mum work?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Cape said:
At the bookshop :)
is she the one with the glasses? lol she's the only one i remember
actually i remember you mentioning it now - you said you were helping her out in the bookshop on orientation day hey... were u handing out the bookshop leaflets to everyone in the A building prior to the enrolment?

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
BreaKing said:
actually i remember you mentioning it now - you said you were helping her out in the bookshop on orientation day hey... were u handing out the bookshot leaflets to everyone in the A building prior to the enrolment?
Yep ... thats her!

And yep, I was handing our the leaflets before enrolment.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
this is such a rude, ignorant thread.

do you really think that all people choose tafe because they didn't get a good enough uai?

I seriously considered music industry and visual arts at tafe....

If you seriously consider tafe as something useless because your uai is such an accurate representation of your abilities, and you're just so "booksmart" that your ego weighs the rest of your body down... I'd hate to get to know you....

anyways, <3 cro_angel

Last edited:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
ur_inner_child said:

do you really think that all people choose tafe because they didn't get a good enough uai?

If you seriously consider tafe as something useless because you're just so booksmart that your ego weighs the rest of your body down... I'd hate to get to know you....

anyways, <3 cro_angel
What about me, im pro TAFE

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Korn said:
What about me, im pro TAFE
sorry, I need to be clearer. Majority of the thread so far, as far as I felt it, were against it and I'm insulted (even though I don't go to tafe) that some of the beginning of this discussion wasn't even intellectual, but rude, snobby, narrowminded crappy comments, despite how much they pretend to be intellectual as they critisise tafe.....

I'm glad there are pros

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
sorry, I need to be clearer. Majority of the thread so far, as far as I felt it, were against it and I'm insulted (even though I don't go to tafe) that some of the beginning of this discussion wasn't even intellectual, but rude, snobby, narrowminded crappy comments, despite how much they pretend to be intellectual as they critisise tafe.....

I'm glad there are pros
Yeah i know it seems the entire first page is like that

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
ur_inner_child said:

If you seriously consider tafe as something useless because your uai is such an accurate representation of your abilities, and you're just so "booksmart" that your ego weighs the rest of your body down... I'd hate to get to know you....

anyways, <3 cro_angel
I agree with ur_inner_child I'm a happy Tafe student (as i mentioned in my earlier thread) and honestly the UAI means jack sh*t to everyone in this world except uni's so its nothing big to boast about. In my opinion its just another excuse to boost ur already over inflated ego and degrade those who either don't what to go to uni or didn't get in.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
BreaKing said:
actually i remember you mentioning it now - you said you were helping her out in the bookshop on orientation day hey... were u handing out the bookshop leaflets to everyone in the A building prior to the enrolment?
I believe this thread in general falls short of being acceptable.

In future, ignore stupidity such as this and report it to a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)