• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Sydney Boys Application! (2 Viewers)

Kazooker

HSC
N/A
your whole school tries out for SB
From what i know, i think about ten are going to apply so far, but i think that i have a better chance than them, because i got the academic award (top five in every class) and also i love athletics which is how i managed to get the age champion trophy

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
From what i know, i think about ten are going to apply so far, but i think that i have a better chance than them, because i got the academic award (top five in every class) and also i love athletics which is how i managed to get the age champion trophy
you can't be asian

Kazooker

HSC
N/A
asians aren't good at sport. don't they spend all their time studying?
Yeah but my parents encourage me with both (although when i get my report cards, they always say "not good enough" type of reaction

Kazooker

HSC
N/A
Another reason why i want to change from STHS to SBHS is because our academic standard is way lower

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah but my parents encourage me with both (although when i get my report cards, they always say "not good enough" type of reaction
this tells me you're asian but the fact that you like sports says otherwise

I am, but i think i got the trophy for athletics since everybody at our school is asian
ohh; so by default. ohhh i get you.

Kazooker

HSC
N/A
Can confirm, pretty much 100% of the Year 9 intake for my year are from tech.
@ OP I'd say you have a fairly decent chance at making it into Sydney Boys, the school places a great emphasis on extracurricular stuff when considering applications and your past achievements should place you in good stead.
Do u go SBHS

Kazooker

HSC
N/A
this tells me you're asian but the fact that you like sports says otherwise

ohh; so by default. ohhh i get you.
But i also made it to the Sydney East team for soccer, but that was in yr 6, so i couldnt put it in my application

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
i got into my ranked ~600 school by saying I am good at maths and want to go to uni. legit that's all it took (and i didn't have criminal convictions)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)