• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

superficial things turining you off a relationship (1 Viewer)

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
lol, I meant back when I was a young lad :) It's been over four years since what I'm talking about, I like to think I've matured at least a little in that time ;)
so your a guy.. ok ok lol glad we got that sorted

olay

HSC
Different religion - not an issue as long as they don't look down on me/others for not being whatever religion they are.
Different nationality - not an issue.
Differences in sexual wants - not an issue unless it's masochistic sex.
Drinking / drugs / smoking - not an issue until they are dependent upon the substance [i.e. consuming it every day].
Piercings (girls ears not included!) - not an issue.
Education, including uni / tafe / leave before senior years - an issue. it's important to me... but i think intelligence + ambition rather than educational attainment are more fundamentally important to me.
Financial status - not an issue unless they're leeching.
Weight - an issue if i am not attracted to them for this reason... intimate relationships don't work without attraction me thinks.
Generally not good looking enough / too good looking, including bad skin and good / bad dress sense - as above.
Have too many friends of opposite sex - not an issue.
Dating history - an issue. if the bloke has cheated more than once, there's a major problem there.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Drinking / drugs / smoking - drinking & smoking are ok.. drugs are not - ex was a pot head (dependent) ..not good at all

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i think all the things posted was alright... but the drugs thing... theres a point where they get too dependent on the stuff thats a bit too much... but other than that its all good... as long as fianace>drug habit.... oh and she cant be able to drink more than me... thats embarassing...

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Orange Juice said:
i think all the things posted was alright... but the drugs thing... theres a point where they get too dependent on the stuff thats a bit too much... but other than that its all good... as long as fianace>drug habit.... oh and she cant be able to drink more than me... thats embarassing...
she'll drink u under the table lol

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Different religion - i'm a massive atheist. i could go out with some one who's religious, but only if they didn't preach at me or anything.

Different nationality - i don't have a particular national 'type' that i go for. i've liked guys of different nationalities before, europeans, asians, africans... i look at the individual as a whole, and i don't limit myself to one nationality. i know some people are only really physically attracted to certain races, and even though you can't really help what you're attracted to, i think that's stupid to limit yourself like that.

Differences in sexual wants - i guess my answer to this is the same as just about everybody elses... not too uptight about it, like i don't believe in waiting till marriage, but at the same time not over the top, or too out there... you know, no dressing in furry animal costumes or anything like that, and nothing involving the bum. oh, and guys who pressure girls to have sex are a giant no-no.

Drinking / drugs / smoking - drinking i don't mind, as long as it's social. drugs and smoking both disgust me, i could not go out with anyone who does either! the second i see a guy light up, no matter how much i like them, i just think "ugh".

Piercings (girls ears not included!) / tattoos - i actually think certain piercings/tattoos on guys can be really nice. obviously, it depends on the guy and what kind they are, but some piercings in particular i love, like lip piercing/labret/eye brow, but obviously not all at once. same with tattoos, a few small ones that have meaning are ok. but too many of either or both i do find physically unappealing. some of the things listed here aren't actually superficial, but this one certainly is, and i feel quite bad that i do have superficial expectations of my ideal guy.

Education, including uni / tafe / leave before senior years - as long as they're doing something they're passionate about, i don't think education matters.

Financial status - i don't care. like, as long as they're not dependant on me, it's not an issue.

Weight - to say that i DON'T care would be a lie, but i don't mind if the guy isn't the ideal looking guy. infact, i don't actually like the "ideal" huge muscles look, i just don't find it really attracted. chubby boys can be really cute, as can skinny boys. on a really superficial level, really fat guys just don't do it for me. i feel like a bitch for having said that, but i'm being honest...

Generally not good looking enough / too good looking, including bad skin and good / bad dress sense - ahh bad dress sense. it depends if they're being serious and think they look hot in those bright pink mini-shorts or if they're just being relaxed and can't be bothered to find something better looking. dress sense doesn't matter too much, as long as they don't wear shirts with sexist slogans on them or anything. as for physical looks, i dunno, i don't really mind. i often find people who look TOO perfect to be unattractive.

Have too many friends of opposite sex - i guess if they hung out just by themselves or if there was overt flirting i would get jealous, but if they hung out in large groups and just had fun like you do with normal friends, it wouldn't bother me.

Dating history - i think it depends. i've found that if you're the guy's first relationship he's too clingy and "omg" about it, but by the same note, i wouldn't want to date a man-whore.

having just filled all this out, i think that all the things we think we want often fly out the window when we meet someone, and despite the fact that they're totally different to what we expect to fall for, we fall for them anyway. so who knows how valid everything i just said actually is?

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
glitter burns said:
Different religion - i'm a massive atheist. i could go out with some one who's religious, but only if they didn't preach at me or anything.

Different nationality - i don't have a particular national 'type' that i go for. i've liked guys of different nationalities before, europeans, asians, africans... i look at the individual as a whole, and i don't limit myself to one nationality. i know some people are only really physically attracted to certain races, and even though you can't really help what you're attracted to, i think that's stupid to limit yourself like that.

Differences in sexual wants - i guess my answer to this is the same as just about everybody elses... not too uptight about it, like i don't believe in waiting till marriage, but at the same time not over the top, or too out there... you know, no dressing in furry animal costumes or anything like that, and nothing involving the bum. oh, and guys who pressure girls to have sex are a giant no-no.

Drinking / drugs / smoking - drinking i don't mind, as long as it's social. drugs and smoking both disgust me, i could not go out with anyone who does either! the second i see a guy light up, no matter how much i like them, i just think "ugh".

Piercings (girls ears not included!) / tattoos - i actually think certain piercings/tattoos on guys can be really nice. obviously, it depends on the guy and what kind they are, but some piercings in particular i love, like lip piercing/labret/eye brow, but obviously not all at once. same with tattoos, a few small ones that have meaning are ok. but too many of either or both i do find physically unappealing. some of the things listed here aren't actually superficial, but this one certainly is, and i feel quite bad that i do have superficial expectations of my ideal guy.

Education, including uni / tafe / leave before senior years - as long as they're doing something they're passionate about, i don't think education matters.

Financial status - i don't care. like, as long as they're not dependant on me, it's not an issue.

Weight - to say that i DON'T care would be a lie, but i don't mind if the guy isn't the ideal looking guy. infact, i don't actually like the "ideal" huge muscles look, i just don't find it really attracted. chubby boys can be really cute, as can skinny boys. on a really superficial level, really fat guys just don't do it for me. i feel like a bitch for having said that, but i'm being honest...

Generally not good looking enough / too good looking, including bad skin and good / bad dress sense - ahh bad dress sense. it depends if they're being serious and think they look hot in those bright pink mini-shorts or if they're just being relaxed and can't be bothered to find something better looking. dress sense doesn't matter too much, as long as they don't wear shirts with sexist slogans on them or anything. as for physical looks, i dunno, i don't really mind. i often find people who look TOO perfect to be unattractive.

Have too many friends of opposite sex - i guess if they hung out just by themselves or if there was overt flirting i would get jealous, but if they hung out in large groups and just had fun like you do with normal friends, it wouldn't bother me.

Dating history - i think it depends. i've found that if you're the guy's first relationship he's too clingy and "omg" about it, but by the same note, i wouldn't want to date a man-whore.

having just filled all this out, i think that all the things we think we want often fly out the window when we meet someone, and despite the fact that they're totally different to what we expect to fall for, we fall for them anyway. so who knows how valid everything i just said actually is?
haha nice story.. took a while to read through! my contacts r drying up dammit! haha

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Agnes2810 said:
haha nice story.. took a while to read through! my contacts r drying up dammit! haha
yeah i didn't realise i'd written so much till i saw my post afterwards, haha.
makes me feel kind of shallow, that i have such a big response to superficial things :(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
truly-in-bliss said:
height no guy below 175cm

nationality at least 1% asian.

education must be smarter than me.
damn! 2 cm off..

personally, I wouldnt date someone that wasn't "doing" something with their life, ie uni, working full-time

MoNNiE

HSC
wow you have everything sorted out glitterburns!!
*analyses self*
i have no idea what turns me off a relationship.. oh... if the guy is a drunken yobbo~

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
MoNNiE said:
wow you have everything sorted out glitterburns!!
*analyses self*
i have no idea what turns me off a relationship.. oh... if the guy is a drunken yobbo~
yay, i havent been drunk in over a month now! :p

MoNNiE

HSC
haha wanna get drunk with me... i've never really been DRUNK DRUNK before!

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
lol how do you get drunk drunk?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Tusitula said:
lol how do you get drunk drunk?
haha, take 3 bottles of jimmy. take an hour of spare time. scull. pass out an hour later. wake up the next day on the concrete floor out the back.

mon: lets go :p

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
ahh but thats not drunk drunk. you failed to mention anything about a stomach pump :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
haha, stomach pumped....havent hit that hard yet!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)