• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Summer is here! Vive la swimwear! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I just bought a post-assessment treat for myself the other day - it's in "Smoke" (almost-black) and it's the right-most thumbnail in the bottom row here: http://www.jets.com.au/black.htm

I love it! It's moulded, so I'm not going to fall out. It has nice thick straps, so I'm not going to have overmuch neckpain/red marks associated with neckpain. And it's got cute little ties on the bikini (between cups) and on one side of the bikini bottom. Now I just have to find a nice wrap skirt/sarong thing to go with it...

Something else I love - but haven't got yet - is one of those really hot backless one-pieces. They're so awesome!!!

SO: Has anyone else started shopping for swimwear yet, if so what did you get, and what other styles do you love?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Summer :( *lundy curls up in a ball and cries*

Anyway, my two bikinis from last season will suffice for a while yet.

bex

HSC
i bought a new one piece which i really didnt need but anyways i LURVE it

its from WaterSun and is chocolate brown with 50s style cut leg so for ass minimising and its got a string of mother of pearl around the hips.. moulded cups for bob support but no ugly underwire (which looks revolting on a swimsuit methinks) and a detachable halter strap..

i havent had an opp to wear it yet which is annoyance

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I just recently bought a bikini from money i got from my birthday. so now i have three, but one doesn't fit me.:

ive got onefrom the Miss Shop, it's that new hot Peach colour that's out now. i LOVE it. it's got a strippy top, and the bottom is kinda a boy-leg cut, and there's strings on the sides
And i've also got a baby pink play boy bunny cozzie

i think i might get another. i love cozzie shopping!! good quality ones are so bloody pricey though (well duh)

i love the hot new one pieces, but i couldn't pull it off, so i'll leave it for the models

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i love jets swimwear.
i still have two bikinis, one from last year and the other from the year before, and both still fit me good. but i wouldnt mind getting another bikini. just havnt found anything i like yet this year.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I should get an amazing pay packet on Wednesday, so I'm thinking I'll get some new swimmers, coz
a) mine suck (no, quite literally, they're all gross now)
b) post exam treat
c) I have a pool party on Friday

I want to get something pretty good quality, but don't want to spend heeeeeaps of money...less than $150, preferably less than $100...and being in Newcastle, choice is somewhat limited.
So far, I'm thinking tankini, plain block colour (probably black) and with underwires (these boobies need it)
EDIT: ohh and something that still looks ok with boardies.

Catwalk

HSC
Sportsgirl have some pretty nice cossies in their new stock, but the prices are ridiculous!

i have a white bikini from last year that i didn't get much wear out of so i'll stick with those for now. i also want a one-piece that flatters the hips and has a low back. can't find any!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeah, i need new swimmers for schoolies. but im a girl who really loves the surf. a normal bikini just dont cut it in the thrashing waves. i love the rash shirt/ bikini bottom look. i might do that. no boardies, too man-like with the rashie.

Lainee

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I just bought a post-assessment treat for myself the other day - it's in "Smoke" (almost-black) and it's the right-most thumbnail in the bottom row here: http://www.jets.com.au/black.htm
That is gorgeous glitterfairy!!! I love it! :uhhuh:

Mind if I ask how much it was hunni?

I've actually gained a dress size since last summer :eek: so I need to go shopping for swimwear reaalllll soon.

I'm really tempted to buy this Lisa Ho one right now, but I know my boobs are going to shimmy out of them 2 minutes after I put them on :p :
http://www.zodee.com.au/images/products/style/large/1S2045S.jpg

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Don't all feel good you don't have to wear this?

God save the bikini.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Lainee said:

I've actually gained a dress size since last summer :eek: so I need to go shopping for swimwear reaalllll soon.

I'm really tempted to buy this Lisa Ho one right now, but I know my boobs are going to shimmy out of them 2 minutes after I put them on :p :
that is bloody gorgeous!!!! i love it! u never know though, definitely try it on.the upper section may have a lot of support.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ohh wow!!! im in LOVE with those swimmers!!! they are so gorgeous. i bet they're about $500 or something ridiculous

HSC
N/A
Lainee said:

Mine was $155 all up...so much more than what I've spent in the past, but oh, so nice...

With the one you picked out, I'd try it on before you buy. If it has "hidden support" you'll probably be ok, but otherwise it looks gorgeous, but maybe not all that practical :( But lovely!

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I want something like this, but with a tankini top

HSC
N/A
Ah, boylegs...

I was never a fan. They're still sort of "in", but for bikini bottoms only, I think. I'm not sure contemporary fashion ever really repeated the "my neckline is this* high!" thing, too.

hipstajess: nice bikini! Go for it!

Catwalk

HSC
off topic, does anyone know where i can get one of those twist bandeau bikinis in plain colours? and preferably under $80?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I want something like this, but with a tankini top

hey i just bought that exact one!... all except i dont have to tie it up, but i got it for $70, on sale.. at bras n things.

ehhh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)