• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Suggestions for liquor collections (1 Viewer)

ytrbut

HSC
Hi all,

I recently managed to free up a number of shelves on a bookcase in my room. I've decided that I want to populate them with collections of liquor. So far I've done a Johnnie Walker 700/750 collection (ie. Black, Green, Gold, Blue, and Swing, with their boxes behind them). This is where I need your help.

I'm looking for ideas for spirits "collections" (ie. bottles that look the same but are different varieties, etc.). At the moment two ideas I have is the Glenfiddich 12/15/18/21/30 (although $500 for the 30 year old is a tad offputting), or 9 flavoured bottles of Absolut vodka.

Because of the size of the shelf, what looks best is either five types of liquor that come in boxes (that way I have the bottles across the front and the boxes behind them), or 9 bottles (five across the front and four more in the gaps). I'm generally trying to limit spending to about $500/shelf-or-so wherever possible; the Johnnie Walker collection came to about $530 or so, if I recall correctly.

If anyone has any suggestions, it'd be awesome to hear them. Hopefully people are more knowledgeable about spirit 'collections' than I am!

Cheers!

ytrbut

HSC
Are you actually planning on drinking these eventually btw?
Dunno, to be honest! :) Depending on what it is, some of them I may drink and put back half-full bottles (eg. the Absolut 9-bottle collection, if I end up doing that one, because they're great for cocktail nights when friends come around). With the Johnnie Walker, probably not, at least not for a while - it may be a case of display them for many years then drink them. Same would probably go for any scotch collection I make. Nothing like the sensation of cracking open a bottle which you've had for a while with that feeling of expectation to see how it tastes!

Last edited:

efhat

HSC
hmm spirits....was gonna say absolut but uve already got it.

What about alezay? hmm cant think of anymore right now

ytrbut

HSC
lol you stupid 16 yo

you drink liquor, not look at it.
You should probably learn both some basic maths (as noted on every post I make, HSC: 2007 = 18/19/20, I'm 19 for the record), some sense of style (collecting liquor is a legitimate hobby), and also some decorum (ie. learn what sort of comments are both inappropriate and purely disruptive to a thread).

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
If you don't have a bottle of gentleman jack and/or Jack Single Barrel you're a pussy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)