• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

subject i really wanna take up :( (1 Viewer)

M

mushi

hey ppl, i've got a little problem..
im doing e-biz and im proably gonna choose ECON110 for my studies..but problem is i did genrela maths for the hsc as well..so what should i do? Is it still possible to take up MATH123/130 even tho this subject isnt included in my subject choice list? if it is posible, it means an extra subject for me/more work,which is including my e-biz subs?

so if i take up MATH123/130..i should be abl to get into econ110, witout doing those bridging courses? Cause i asked on open day, and the adviser said the bridging course is a waste fo time and $ , if u do MATH123/130..

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Originally posted by mushi
hey ppl, i've got a little problem..
im doing e-biz and im proably gonna choose ECON110 for my studies..but problem is i did genrela maths for the hsc as well..so what should i do? Is it still possible to take up MATH123/130 even tho this subject isnt included in my subject choice list? if it is posible, it means an extra subject for me/more work,which is including my e-biz subs?

so if i take up MATH123/130..i should be abl to get into econ110, witout doing those bridging courses? Cause i asked on open day, and the adviser said the bridging course is a waste fo time and $ , if u do MATH123/130..
heyy yeah im in the same boat as you...
i spoke to that bridging course lady today... yeah even if u do the bridging course (prepatory thing stream B) u still can't get into ECON110 .... u have to do maths123 or the other maths... (i forget what it was)... i did general maths as well.... and basically theres no way into ECON110 (in ur case and mine) .... unless u do maths123 first or concurrently with ECON110 ....

and yeahh u can do maths123 even though it's not on your subject list (becoz u have electives right?!.... with electives u can do any subject in the university as long as you meet the pre-requisites)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Economics is pretty boring to me. If I had electives I would rather do easier stuff, where assessment is via essays. And where u get extensions simply by talking to the tutor and saying you've been really busy. Like subjects in Humanities or SCMP.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Economics is MAD! I would've combined with Economics had it not required so much work - what I mean is... for good marks, you actually need to do a fair deal more work.

L1onHeart

Economics needs to understand a lot of theory and it can be quite mostrous task to do well especially in 200 level and 300 level economics with have deeper analysis and theory.
But I think I like Econometrics though =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)