• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Studying for half yearlies? (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I have half yearlies next week :uhoh: In all subjects (except 3u maths) we have bassically only done just 1 topic so its more like topic tests, how should i study exactly? Im thinking of just writing syllabus dot points, remembering set texts and supplimentary texts for english and doing past papers for maths. Would that be good enough?

BTW, are there any really good notes on my subjects (in my sig) uploaded for preliminary? I haven't really made notes before as previously i have just read parts of my book the night before a test so i dont really know how to go about setting them out.

party

HSC
well for economic you should start to update yourself about the events that are occuring today it will look good in your essay:) also make sure u explain everything that is asked in the question soo the reader know that you have a great knowledge about the topic

xD

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
Yeah , thats exactly what i do.
And Wow u have half yearlies already DAMNN

oh yeh make sure u look at the verb of each dot point/question and answer it.

Maybe try using different verbs for each dot point /questions as they like to alter them around :p

party

HSC
and plus study the night before from you book isn't going to work out :S
start making notes now and study them as you go it will help you

kcqn93

HSC
there's not much to software in prelim, mainly common sense. you'll need to know how to change a psuedocode into a flowchart and back and like all the ergonomics stuff i guess?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
there's not much to software in prelim, mainly common sense. you'll need to know how to change a psuedocode into a flowchart and back and like all the ergonomics stuff i guess?
Yeah, aswell as types of devices (input/output), types of software, project development method (or whatever its called), and an essay about copyright or legal issues. So yeah just common sense and stuff from IST i suppose.

party said:
and plus study the night before from you book isn't going to work out :S
start making notes now and study them as you go it will help you
Yeah i know, i used to do that back in 7-10. Not doing that anymore.

Yeah , thats exactly what i do.
And Wow u have half yearlies already DAMNN

oh yeh make sure u look at the verb of each dot point/question and answer it.

Maybe try using different verbs for each dot point /questions as they like to alter them around :p
Yeah really annoyed with the fact they're next week, year 12 have their exams the week after us even though they have been doing work for a whole extra term.

Also a few weeks ago i heard a few people in year 12 mentioning a guys notes on BOS which are really good. They were telling people in year 11 about them so i presume he uploaded prelim aswell. He got first in state for chem or something i think? Does anybody know who they were talking about?

Rage_Quitter

HSC
Tell me whose the guy! I need him too. But it depends on what subjects he did...

And Half-Yearlies are on Week 9. I don't get it, it is so quick for you guys. What school do you go to? Sheesh, it's actually quite early for exams. You guys must have learnt the content quite early and thoroughly. Good luck and may the force be with you (FFysics hehe!).

muzeikchun852

HSC
And Half-Yearlies are on Week 9. I don't get it, it is so quick for you guys. What school do you go to? Sheesh, it's actually quite early for exams. You guys must have learnt the content quite early and thoroughly. Good luck and may the force be with you (FFysics hehe!).
mine one is on next term first week back so i have the holiday to study for it. :uhhuh::uhhuh::cry::cry:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Tell me whose the guy! I need him too. But it depends on what subjects he did...

Most schools usually stick yr 11 with yr 12.

Well most i know anyway.

Clank_

HSC
Also a few weeks ago i heard a few people in year 12 mentioning a guys notes on BOS which are really good. They were telling people in year 11 about them so i presume he uploaded prelim aswell. He got first in state for chem or something i think? Does anybody know who they were talking about?
Biology
http://boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=10

Chemistry
http://boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=11

Search "Ahmad".

And good luck guys :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)