• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Study and revision (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
risole91 said:
they are excellent.
Although in so much depth, i summarised them to half the lenght.
I briefly looked at Preliminary ones from Ahmad. They are pretty short.

It is probably short because it is Prelminary one.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
tambourine said:
where do u find his notes?
From Biology resource page. Go there and go to "EDIT" key on your computer and click "Find on this page" and type in "Ahmad".

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
OR you could just press Crtl + F and type in "Ahmad'.

Muz4PM

HSC
One method which I find works for me, (it may work for you too) is if you read your notes out loud. Then, after you have done that, see if you can deliever them out loud, but without your notes. It does not have to be fluent like a speech, just so long as you get the points out. I find that works well for English. That, plus past papers.

However, each to the own.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Muz4PM said:
One method which I find works for me, (it may work for you too) is if you read your notes out loud. Then, after you have done that, see if you can deliever them out loud, but without your notes. It does not have to be fluent like a speech, just so long as you get the points out. I find that works well for English. That, plus past papers.

However, each to the own.
Exactly what I do :) Works really well

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bleu said:
Hey, this may be kind of obvious, and you've probably thought of it already but have u tried checking if your school library stocks their past prelim papers? Mine does. Or else ask your teachers, i'm sure they'll have past copies and will be happy to give them to u.

Good luck with finding some!
Thanks, didn't search there yet.

I will ask my teachers, too! Thank you

meagan354

HSC
just letting you guys know that there are some pretty good textbooks on ebay, if you dont mind the whole internet shopping thing .. like they come preeetttyy damn cheap, i got a chemistry textbook for $10 (including postage), which is saving me around $20 ... which i was quite happy with =) so go check out ebay if you're interested!

VuongstER_boi

HSC
Okay. Reading ur dot points ALONE isn't gonna help. You gotta actually answer questions based on the content.(Questions from revision guides) because it actually reinforces the knowledge better as you write.

During times of revision, don't use the big bulky textbooks to study from( ie. jacaranda and crap..or umm, conquering?). Use revision guides, because like..seriously, you gotta use ur time efficientlyt with wat..one or two wks left b4 exam?.

I think Dot Points is a good book for doing revision exercises,and also the questions from other reviison guides.

Also, i reckon it help to like...re-read all ur dot points once everyday (quickly) for all ur subjects so u retain the knowledge until the exam. So yeah! lol. If you haven't made ur own notes, just hsc online or from the DOT POINT book which actually has a summary.

Last edited:

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
How do you guys study for english.
It sucks balls, and i have to write two essays in my exams next week.

What sucks more is the 2 essay writing subjects i do-English&Eco are together.
:(

cs01001

HSC
I am totally stuck on writing section 3 AOS Engrish....

amyy222

HSC
make summary notes on the stuff you learnt for each subject every week.. and then use those to make notes for the whole topic (1 - 2 pages).. when it comes to a test, study those notes you made for the topic and if you dont understand or you can't explain a certain part(s) then go back to that part in detail and etc..

standard eng, 2U maths, chem, phys, 2U religion

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
amyy222 said:
make summary notes on the stuff you learnt for each subject every week.. and then use those to make notes for the whole topic (1 - 2 pages).. when it comes to a test, study those notes you made for the topic and if you dont understand or you can't explain a certain part(s) then go back to that part in detail and etc..
I'm wondering how you make 1-2 pages of notes for a whole topic of chem/phys.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
tommykins said:
I'm wondering how you make 1-2 pages of notes for a whole topic of chem/phys.
Easy just leave out 7 out of 8 words.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
risole91 said:
Easy just leave out 7 out of 8 words.
Could be possible.

Mine (for one topic) are 10-12 pages including the dot point weritten out. I guess ntoes alone would be 7-8 pages..

Eh.

HSC
tommykins said:
Could be possible.

Mine (for one topic) are 10-12 pages including the dot point weritten out. I guess ntoes alone would be 7-8 pages..

Eh.
I have around 10-12 pages for one module, that includes diagrams when applicable and double spacing between each dotpoint. Fingers crossed...

leoyh

mic`
HSC
write notes
read, read, read until you know most of it because exams are largely based on memory
do questions and practice papers to see how well you can apply what you know and remember
what you don't remember/don't do too well in - revise

Note: detailed notes would be good here - but not crazily long with unncessary info. be detailed enough so you have what you need but concise enuf so you don't have irrelevant info

once you get to know you're stuff, you can start to summarise your notes and cut down

lol i wish i was following what im saying

Last edited:

Felix Jones

HSC
my advise....DON'T Ever try to memorise the situation or idea, whatever it is. you HAVE to understand it.

honestly this is so important but so many students overlook it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)