• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Stress...gah (1 Viewer)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I told myself I'd never let this happen but nevertheless I have ended up stressed at this time in my life. Not to mention a whole heap of other circumstances which I've had to try deal with recently:

- although I haven't been professionally diagnosed a plethora of people (including adults and myself) believe I have a mild case of depression, which while not being too difficult to deal with on its own causes the below circumstances to affect me a lot more than they would otherwise

- a rather violent car accident which has killed my confidence in driving (mostly because without a car I had nothing to drive - I still haven't driven since the accident which occured on the long weekend)

- my (now ex) gf breaking up with me just a few days after the previously mentioned accident and at a time where I was already emotionally weak

- family troubles

In the holidays I went and spent 11 days in Sydney with my friends from there (these are my closest friends), the thing is I stayed with my ex, which looking back was probably a rather silly thing to do (even though there wasn't really that much tension). And yes it was a long distance relationship - that was part of emotional stress before we broke up - trying to deal with living apart.

With Trials coming up I'm starting to stress more than ever, and in my attempts to study I now seem to have lost a whole heap of motivation that I once had. I've taken efforts to assure I don't get distracted from studying - one of which includes refraining from using Msn AT ALL, although Trials weren't the only reason for that. I'm having trouble getting over the breakup, so that comes into it too - this prevents me from speaking to her because that was our main form of communication. Problem is I have to do this to all of my friends because there's no way I can get away from just her.

I've worked hard all year and I don't want to start bombing out now. I've come too far for that. I love school and I want to do as well as I possibly can, but I just feel like I've blown a fuse... I don't want to sound like a wuss or anything but almost every night in the last week or so I've shed a few tears... it helps temporarily but there's a bigger problem at hand.

Wow, what a whinge. Anyway, what this all comes down to is that I don't know what I should do and I'm after advice - would seeing the school counsellor perhaps help? I just want this to all be over.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Oh... :( I don't know what I can suggest. It's the worst time for all of this to happen.

It probably feels impossible to rip yourself away from these people and problems, but you have to do it. You can have time to think about these things say, when you're lying in bed before you go to sleep, or when you're sitting on the train. But when it comes to studying, you just have to grit your teeth and bear it all. At least for now.

Relationships come and go, it might feel like hell now, but after a few months, you might look back and wonder why a girl caused you to stuff up your exams. You definitely don't want that, so try your best to block her out of your mind, and concentrate on what's important right now.

It's all easier said than done, but I really sympathise with you. Good luck. :)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Argonaut said:
Guys (and girls), it's the Eleventh Hour. If you don't know your stuff by now, you're not going to learn it in 48 hours. I suggest you just chill out and try to forget about it. Remember, the world goes on after the HSC and even then the exams themselves are not that bad. Believe me, I know, I've been there and done it.
If someone told you that a couple of days before your trials, would you listen to them and feel relaxed?

... Exactly. ;)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Argonaut said:
Yes. It's advice I was given by one of my teachers (one who I was actually inclined to listen to) and, more importantly, it worked. And I believe YOU agreed with the statement on MSN, Dreamerish ...
Yes and I still agree with it, all the while hyperventilating.

FinalFantasy

HSC
don't get stressed out by ur trials...
it is still an internal assessment, and remember at school it is all about the ranks
so if u go to a crappy school or a school in which u can defeat ur peers easily den no need to stress at all!

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
don't get stressed out by ur trials...
it is still an internal assessment, and remember at school it is all about the ranks
so if u go to a crappy school or a school in which u can defeat ur peers easily den no need to stress at all!
But I don't go to a crappy school and I haven't been defeating all my peers. :(

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Argonaut said:
Then you are taking it far too seriously.
I guess so, but there's a valid reason. It's the trials!

I never really take the advice I offer other people. :confused:

FinalFantasy

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
But I don't go to a crappy school and I haven't been defeating all my peers. :(
Well as long as you can sustain a good rank... and if you can't and you're in a good school, and you maintain an average standard relative to your school then that's not bad either!
e.g if you go to James Ruse or some other good school, even if you're last, you're still good!:p

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Argonaut said:
Yes, it's the trials. It's the Prologue to the HSC, not the actual HSC. If you're so stressed over it now, what are you going to be like when the Main Event comes?
Oh... you'll see. :(

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Thanks heaps miaomiao and Dreamerish :) Just to have the confirmation that people understand what I'm going through has calmed me down a fair bit tonight... :)

Argonaut: it's all well and good and when I get to the stage you're at I'll probably agree with what you're saying here. I've found the same thing for the school certificate in yr 10... I stressed a bit then as well, but then afterwards I realised it wasn't that big a deal. Now I'm finding myself telling friends in yr 10 that it's not worth stressing over. But the problem is I'm here at yr 12... from my eyes it's completely different and as much as I can tell myself that it's not worth stressing over it won't stop me from stressing! I wish it were as simple as flicking a switch.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Dumsum said:
Thanks heaps miaomiao and Dreamerish :) Just to have the confirmation that people understand what I'm going through has calmed me down a fair bit tonight... :)

Argonaut: it's all well and good and when I get to the stage you're at I'll probably agree with what you're saying here. I've found the same thing for the school certificate in yr 10... I stressed a bit then as well, but then afterwards I realised it wasn't that big a deal. Now I'm finding myself telling friends in yr 10 that it's not worth stressing over. But the problem is I'm here at yr 12... from my eyes it's completely different and as much as I can tell myself that it's not worth stressing over it won't stop me from stressing! I wish it were as simple as flicking a switch.
I wish life was full of switches. How cool would that be?

... Except we wouldn't have any real feelings.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Argonaut said:
Right. Not to the insurance waver. Will you need:
- Collision Coverage?
- Fire?
- Property Destrucion?
- Personal Injury?
Hmmm... all of the above.

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
Dumsum said:
I told myself I'd never let this happen but nevertheless I have ended up stressed at this time in my life. Not to mention a whole heap of other circumstances which I've had to try deal with recently:

- although I haven't been professionally diagnosed a plethora of people (including adults and myself) believe I have a mild case of depression, which while not being too difficult to deal with on its own causes the below circumstances to affect me a lot more than they would otherwise

- a rather violent car accident which has killed my confidence in driving (mostly because without a car I had nothing to drive - I still haven't driven since the accident which occured on the long weekend)

- my (now ex) gf breaking up with me just a few days after the previously mentioned accident and at a time where I was already emotionally weak

- family troubles

In the holidays I went and spent 11 days in Sydney with my friends from there (these are my closest friends), the thing is I stayed with my ex, which looking back was probably a rather silly thing to do (even though there wasn't really that much tension). And yes it was a long distance relationship - that was part of emotional stress before we broke up - trying to deal with living apart.

With Trials coming up I'm starting to stress more than ever, and in my attempts to study I now seem to have lost a whole heap of motivation that I once had. I've taken efforts to assure I don't get distracted from studying - one of which includes refraining from using Msn AT ALL, although Trials weren't the only reason for that. I'm having trouble getting over the breakup, so that comes into it too - this prevents me from speaking to her because that was our main form of communication. Problem is I have to do this to all of my friends because there's no way I can get away from just her.

I've worked hard all year and I don't want to start bombing out now. I've come too far for that. I love school and I want to do as well as I possibly can, but I just feel like I've blown a fuse... I don't want to sound like a wuss or anything but almost every night in the last week or so I've shed a few tears... it helps temporarily but there's a bigger problem at hand.

Wow, what a whinge. Anyway, what this all comes down to is that I don't know what I should do and I'm after advice - would seeing the school counsellor perhaps help? I just want this to all be over.
the school cousillors are a great source of help, espiecially with stress related things.
however they cannot prescribe anything!lol. like antidepressants.
persojnally id be going to see a doctor

Carcus

HSC
life goes on after hcs, its not the only avenue to a highly successful life, people let it beat em down coz they think, if i dont do a good hcs, im a failure, not so, just rolll with the flow and cae se ra se ra

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
suger_plum said:
the school cousillors are a great source of help, espiecially with stress related things.
however they cannot prescribe anything!lol. like antidepressants.
persojnally id be going to see a doctor
School counsellors (well the ones at my school at least) are shite. Avoid them like the plague!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)