• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

SOR or Modern history (1 Viewer)

littlefats

HSC
i currently finished year 11 and moving on to year 12 honestly i was forced to choose SOR due to school reasons but anyways i have a choice to drop either modern history or Studies of religion
im really confused on which one to drop and would appreciate it if any directions on which subject to choose and past experience CHEERS!!!!!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Which one are you mosted interested in? Whats your ranking and marks for both of the subjects? How's the workload for both, and are you coping with it?

littlefats

HSC
im not really interested in either of those subjects i really find them boring and i was trying to pick up another subject but its impossible so yeh.. i cant stand writing long Lol

evolution

OH` so juicy, squeeze me.
HSC
Ask yourself a simple question.

Will I make 'history' in the HSC or will I analyse 'Jesus'?

But again, it's your own decision. What interests you more? :)

patty4848

HSC
Well if you don't like writing long essays then don't do modern history...
You need to work to your strengths...If you have an interest in history then the long essays won't seem so bad...
I do modern history at the moment and i've seen the content for next term and it seems much more interesting...
My advice is go to the Board of Studies website...have a look at the syllabuses and the past papers, talk to friends, family (or teachers i suppose) and decide from there.

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
Hey I do Modern, so I might be biased about my answer :p
I think you should keep Modern because the reason your finding it boring might be because of the topics for Preliminary..
Because honestly, I found the Islamic Fundalmentalism topic heaps boring! :p
and I agree with patty4848 the topics for Yr 12 look interesting!
But goodluck with whatever you end up doing! :)

Last edited:

eddy11

HSC
do SOR, way easier and scales fairly well, if u hate both then you hate history orietated subjects i assume. SOR is good as you do other religions and its really easy to write an essay for religion as its centred more on values and contributions then remembering dates etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)