• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

SOME people... (1 Viewer)

cakes

hi
HSC
Originally posted by evilc
anyone that looks at me thinks i'm dumb cos im not very intelligent looking, and when i beat them they are pretty shocked :p
yeah same

but i would rather come across as stupid to people and then prove them wrong, than come across as intelligent and actually be dumb

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
haha that's exactly what i do

it's a number of factors making me do this, one of the major one is that if i did fail, i wouldn't be so let down...
also i kinda follow the mood of everyone else, if people say oh that was dam hard, i kinda follow them, just to make them feel better :)

another thing is that the competition for ranks is so important, it's just a mind game for me heheh

i sit in class not doing a single thing, where as everyone else is writing down notes and stuff copying from the board and i just sit there staring, people think i'm stupid, i don't write a single word all day at school
but i work my arse off at home, studying up late at like 1/2am in the morning, but at school i kinda relax and enjoy it, sleep in class

when it comes to exam time, i get really good marks and everyone is like, wtf do you do, you don't do anything all day heheh
BUT, if someone in the class asked me a question about the work, i would do anything to try and help them out! i don't hide my knowledge if someone ask for my help, i'm not self-fish in that way! but i would never give out my assessment for someone to copy....

but sometimes i feel sorry for some people, i see them working so hard, studying all the time, working at school, in the library at lunch bah bah bah, but i still beat them in exams, kinda crushes them BADLY!

Last edited:

KarmaKitten

HSC
thats just pathetic, i know people like that, its annoying for those who actually complain with HER and then fail, she's just seeking attention

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Epiphany
Theres this girl in my class who acts like she doesn't know anything when we're being taught it, and after a test she'll be going 'oh that was sooo hard, i didn't know anything' and then gets like 95% on it. shes done it on every test so far its just stupid. and someone goes to her 'i thought you said you did crap in it?' and she says 'aw yeah well i thought i did'. i mean WHY?? its gotta make people who were complaing about the test with her feel a bit bad. shes like majorly competitive (especially with me) and she hasnt said a word to me all year after i got dux last year, except 'what did you get?' after every test/assignment. i don't care too much cos i get better than her, but why bother pretending you're dumb when you're so obviously not? Soooooome people.
i HATE it when people do that.

i'll be distraught after a test, and my friend'll ask me what i got, and i'll say "i just passed (or whatever)", adn tehn she'll go, "but that's good!! i did really bad..."

so then i'll ask what she got, and she'll say "oh, 95."

-_______________-;;;;

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
Yeah well i don't care too much, it was just really pissing me off that day. I never ask what other people get cos to be honest I don't care. But when people take it so seriously and ignore you.. pretty pathetic right there. But then i'm thinking she's got alot of family pressure which thank god i dont have. i remember last year her dad was bragging about how she's a maths genius, and she ended up getting a C in the exam. I seriously couldn't stand it if my parents talked about me like that!
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
thats just pathetic, i know people like that, its annoying for those who actually complain with HER and then fail, she's just seeking attention
see thats what im talking about! how'd ya feel complaining about the test with her only to find out she got one of the best marks? I mean you may be unsure about how you went, but you've gotta know if you did reasonably well.

Originally posted by redslert
haha that's exactly what i do

it's a number of factors making me do this, one of the major one is that if i did fail, i wouldn't be so let down...
also i kinda follow the mood of everyone else, if people say oh that was dam hard, i kinda follow them, just to make them feel better :)

another thing is that the competition for ranks is so important, it's just a mind game for me heheh

i sit in class not doing a single thing, where as everyone else is writing down notes and stuff copying from the board and i just sit there staring, people think i'm stupid, i don't write a single word all day at school
but i work my arse off at home, studying up late at like 1/2am in the morning, but at school i kinda relax and enjoy it, sleep in class

when it comes to exam time, i get really good marks and everyone is like, wtf do you do, you don't do anything all day heheh
BUT, if someone in the class asked me a question about the work, i would do anything to try and help them out! i don't hide my knowledge if someone ask for my help, i'm not self-fish in that way! but i would never give out my assessment for someone to copy....

but sometimes i feel sorry for some people, i see them working so hard, studying all the time, working at school, in the library at lunch bah bah bah, but i still beat them in exams, kinda crushes them BADLY!
well i do both. i like to take notes at school, but then when i'm home i'll type it up with information from other sources and learn it properly. i seriously learn so much more at home than i do at school especially in certain subjects where the teacher is away for weeks at a time... but thats a different thread.

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
sometimes i think i've completely stuffed up a test or assignment or whatever, but when the marks come back and i find out that i actually topped it or did really well, i just don't show anyone my mark or say anything at all. that way, nobody has to get frustrated with me nor do they make any nasty comments...if someone keeps buggin me for my mark, then i just say i didnt do that welll, then they will take the hint and leave me alone...simple

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
i HATE it when people do that.

i'll be distraught after a test, and my friend'll ask me what i got, and i'll say "i just passed (or whatever)", adn tehn she'll go, "but that's good!! i did really bad..."

so then i'll ask what she got, and she'll say "oh, 95."

-_______________-;;;;

i hate it when people do that. when they ask you what you got (doesnt matter if its good or not) and you arent happy with it and they go oh thats good i did sooooooooo bad and they beat you and you're like 'um hello?'

bah they annoy me.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
While that is annoying when faked (As it seems in the above case), you can genuinely feel that you've done poorly and end up performing well.

The worst part of this is that people think you're faking, or that you have no reason to worry if you're at or near the top of the grade, but it truly is an earnest feeling, and hard to eliminate. I remember it well...Not much fun.

I feel that as intelligence increases, self-confidence generally (Not always) decreases. (As first noted by Bertrand Russell; The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, while the wiser among us are consumed with doubts.) Hmm..

So in short, there are actual grounds for real self-doubt, especially among those who are performing well.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
yeah i can understand when someone is geniunely disappointed, like if they got a uai of 99.20 when they needed 99.30 or something....

but i HATE it when people do it just to fish for comments. :mad:

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
yeah we have named this the art of 'foxing it'.. but in my opinion that isn't the worst thing that people like that can do.

i had a physics test the other day, and i was getting quizzed before it by this guy i know. After getting most of them right he starts building me up, saying that i'm going to kick his ass and whatnot. i ended up getting a mark of 66 (it was a bitch of a test) and an overall rank of 2 so far. he got...

mark of 92 with with rank first

humbug

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
we have one now who likes to tell everyone that she studies and studies all the time and then does get the good marks but APPEALS when SHE stuffs an exam. its freakin annoying ....

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
oh i've got a good one... the same guy i talked about in my last post:

i beat him in our term one 2u maths exam (marks were like 92 for me, 84 for him), and he was totally freaking out, like he was really really dissapointed in himself. However, the thing is that he does 4u maths so the 2 mark doesn't count for shit all..

santaslayer

HSC
Theres this girl in my class who acts like she doesn't know anything when we're being taught it, and after a test she'll be going 'oh that was sooo hard, i didn't know anything' and then gets like 95% on it. shes done it on every test so far its just stupid. and someone goes to her 'i thought you said you did crap in it?' and she says 'aw yeah well i thought i did'. i mean WHY?? its gotta make people who were complaing about the test with her feel a bit bad. shes like majorly competitive (especially with me) and she hasnt said a word to me all year after i got dux last year, except 'what did you get?' after every test/assignment. i don't care too much cos i get better than her, but why bother pretending you're dumb when you're so obviously not? Soooooome people.

well shes just being humble.....i mean like, shes gonna get bagged out anyway...
if she said she ripped the test, u people would think she was all snobby and big headed.....
now she tells u she did shit in anexam and she still gets bagged out coz u think her expectations are too high.....i just dont think its fair
do u understand what im trying to say?...itz just really hard to lean either way sometimes.....she gets comments behind her back whateva she says.....

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by Katie123
we have one now who likes to tell everyone that she studies and studies all the time and then does get the good marks but APPEALS when SHE stuffs an exam. its freakin annoying ....
who???

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
Noone 'bagged' her about anything. i'm just saying that people should be honest, and just honestly say how they did and not cover it up just to go along with everyone else.
Like last year she was completely honest and said straight out she did crap in the exam. Fair enough. I was just talking about parental expectations in that post, not her own.
ANd seriously, who thinks someone is big headed for saying they think they did alright in a test. You dont have to go 'ohh i did so bloody fantastic it was piss easy'. but going with someone who got a D in a test and bitching about how terrible it was and getting an A+ back... thats all i'm saying.

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
ahhh....... what will we do without them? the one good thing is that they snoop out other eople's marks, so you end up knowing and therefore have a faint idea of where you stand!
i agree with whoever mentioned something bout ranks... RANKING IS A !#@$!$!!!
i hate the whole competitive air.. i mena, in sport and stuff its okay.. even friendly competitiveness in studies... but when its friends always loking over your shoulder to see by how much they beat you or them writing down how many times they've beaten you. i think thats getting a bit too far...
i seriously dont give a !#$#!.. no, i'd be lieing if i said that.. i do care what i get-despite how i appear to feel about the matter- however, i guess the main difference between me and those who seem to be real competitive and their lives consumed withthis desire to get TOP TOP TOP, is that once i get my mark, I ACCEPT IT. i know what work i put into things- which i admit is hardly anything- and i know how i studides, etc.... therefore when i get the mark that i get, iaccept it. the only reason why i would want to know how someone went, is to know where i stand. i dont know, some people get really emotional over certain things, and im not gonna bag them, because some people really do care about marks, ranks whatever... but when it becomes to having double standards, thats when it annoys me. -the whole, "so its alright for me to get THIS mark but now you eh?" thing.
people should just accept things. you get a bad mark, thats that. if you get explainations saying what you missed inthe criteria, then SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE! no one wants to hear a whiner.
accept things and let it be!!!
AMEN

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
just grab her head and utilise the full extent of the power of bricks..

..works wonders, she wont be complaining or achieving after that :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)