• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

So Screwed (1 Viewer)

Dark Kenobi

We have been totally screwed over in SDD! We did zip in the Prelim and half of this year, now have to learn practivally EVERYTHING!

Anyone else going to fail this subject with me?

Anyone got any suggestions?

HELP ME OBI-WAN KENOBI - YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE!

HSC
purchase yourself the prelim book (or rent it), spend 2 hours a day, after a month (even less if you dont do the questions) you'll be done studying it

sunny

meh.
HSC
There are people screaming that message on this forum every year so don't worry - you're not alone.

Right up till the HSC you can get plenty of help here.

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
It really comes down to your fault that you didn't learn half the course or whatever.

treelovinhippie

<this space for rent>
HSC
PoP 'n' Fresh said:
It really comes down to your fault that you didn't learn half the course or whatever.
Not necessarily, if the teacher did jackshit to bother teaching you - then yeah!

Atm, my sdd teacher (who is a complete dickhead) is saying that in his opinion our class has finished the course (i,e, gone through the text book, covered all syllabus points). However if you actually look back at what he has done/taught our class he hasn't taught us shit! So basically I now have to learn the whole course myself as the arsewipe teacher has stated that he is not going to teach us anymore!

I just wish I'd known this was going to happen back in year 11 and never chosen the crap subject (sure I like computers and software, but the hsc course is just fucked-up big time).

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
If the teacher does jack-shit teaching, then it IS up to you if you want to learn the content or not.

Sure would be funny to see people complaining in the trial and hsc cause their teacher didn't teach them whatever =p

treelovinhippie

<this space for rent>
HSC
Though tell me something.... If teachers aren't there to teach us, then what is the point in having school and going to school?

HSC
i agree wit u treehugger... Pop'n'Fresh has said the same thing to me b4 about i should be my own teacher... which in a sense is true... if the teacher doesn't teach how we learn best, then yes...we should have to find our own information elsewhere... but there comes a time where we must draw a line between teachers who can't teach and teachers who just can't be f@&#d do u no what i mean?

EG. my SDD teacher told us that he hasn't taught SDD for 5 years... and i have reason to believe that in a computer course that is a VERY VERY LONG TIME!... and not surprisingly... yes, i have taught myself everythign i ahve learnt in SDD and am proud to say im coming 4th in a class full of boys who care about it and try hard! LOL

FinalFantasy

HSC
i used to do SDD... but since it was so much work and so little scaling, i.e costs>benefits... i dropped it:) and i am very glad i did
hehehe
anyway if ur teacher doesn't teach u, just learn it urself.. SDD is one of those subjects where u just rote learn, and memorise the whole book
dats wat i did before dropping.. our teacher didn't teach much either, he just BS every lesson lol

HSC
if you pay real close attention to your study you'll start drawing connections between the syllabus, draw them on a nice big peice of paper

one way to test your general knowledge on a topic is to get syllabus, and see if you can write a small sentance for each dot point, if you're stuck on something, then obviously study it

my sdd study involves studying the whole topic, mind map of each dot point (its own circle) then 15 questions and 7 short answer (thanks to leading edge SDD)

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Dark Kenobi said:
We have been totally screwed over in SDD! We did zip in the Prelim and half of this year, now have to learn practivally EVERYTHING!

Anyone else going to fail this subject with me?

Anyone got any suggestions?

HELP ME OBI-WAN KENOBI - YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE!
lol thats bullshit, i came last in yr 11 and ironically im coming 1st this yr. dude dont panic just re-do ur algorithms and do past papers

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
treelovinhippie said:
Though tell me something.... If teachers aren't there to teach us, then what is the point in having school and going to school?

Youd find that in situations like that, you're a whole lot better not turning up to class and just learn everything yourself... anyway -.-

HSC
i think when i grow up im not going to pay taxes, our tax money goes to paying teaches, and since the SDD teachers aren't teaching... why should they get paid! i think i might go on strike!

HSC
dont forget how to do octals, binary and hexadecimal, dont worry about the rest :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)