• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (1 Viewer)

mza

HSC
N/A
Has anybody who has read the book seen the trailer? I have been hearing the book is good and the movie is supposed to be also - any thoughts?

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh
ive read all the books.
there turning it into a movie?
wow.
will it be good? i mean, the books are great, but do i want to see the movie?

persephone

HSC
it has that chick from gilmore girls in it. i wonder if it'll ruin the book.....

persephone

HSC
just saw a peek from the movie on entertainment tonight. that girl from joan of arcadia is in it, she plays tibby. it looks pretty good. much better than i expected.

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
aw what? alexis biedel appears to be playing lena. she is noway a sutiable lena. surely they could have found someone more suitable...more greek. and as a whole i think they cast the actors too old.

persephone

HSC
i know, alexis bledel isn't very greek looking and yes they are way too old for their characters

lousie89

HSC
Yes, i agree. I think that they shoul dhave gotten someone who actually looked Greek. Alexis Bledel , if you looked at her for a long time, seems somewhat a little Greek doesn't she??

Or am I wrong?

HSC
N/A
ooooooo
how totally exciting - i loved the books
i seriously had noooo idea that they were turning it into a movie
that's really awesomely cool =D

anyone know any details regarding when [around when] it's gonna be released?

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Yeah I love these books I am just finishing the third one, I hate how they put ppl who are too old in the roles and ruin the book like how I think Delta Goodrem in Hating Alison Ashley is going to ruin it.

mza

HSC
N/A
Trailer

I don't know if my last post worked or not but...

I just checked out the trailer and it looks like it is going to be a pretty good movie - here is a link for those who have not seen it

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/thesisterhoodofthetravelingpants.html

I read that Ann Brashares was happy at how the movie turned out which seems rare these days for an author to like how their work is truned into a movie

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
harry potter movies has totally spoiled it for me...i doubt if ill go see the travelling pants movie....

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Yeah I checked out the trailer, it seems okay, but not as good as i would like it to be, i think its going to be another one of those disapointers like harry potter, bridget jones diary, etc.

prima_donna

HSC
modelzsuck said:
Yeah I love these books I am just finishing the third one, I hate how they put ppl who are too old in the roles and ruin the book like how I think Delta Goodrem in Hating Alison Ashley is going to ruin it.
Movie directors do it all the time for obvious reasons. Rachel McAdams was 27 when she played a 16 year old on Mean Girls. I don't think an actual 16 year old would've pulled off the part very well unless they were very mature for their age.

mza

HSC
N/A
I agree with prima donna - age doesnt mean all that much - it is more if the actor/actress can make the audience believe that they are a certain age and act accordingly - not only in the movies but also on television

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)