• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should i apply for these casual christmas break jobs (Australian Open)? (1 Viewer)

Chocolate_Boy

HSC
Hey guys, our school was handing out applications for two casual jobs between 18th to 31st january 2010 (at the Australian Open).

The first is a job in program selling for npc(News Custom Publishing) and the second is a retail and beverages attendant for Delaware North.

The sheets of paper have no indication about the amount of pay they would offer, and i was curious if anyone who had worked at the Aus Open before would know the salary range for both of these casual jobs. Also do these jobs offer opportunities to actually watch any of the games (ie like during lunch breaks, or for the program selling job, during the job).

The thing is if the pay isnt that great and they dont provide any opportunity to watch the matches id rather apply for another holiday job. But anyway yeh if anyone had actually done any of these jobs before, or know any info about it that would be a great help!!

Thanks!

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
you aint going to be watching matches dude, seriously. A retail atetndant means you're going to be selling hot dogs or something, and a ncp means you'll stand at the gate yelling, trying to sell program guides. Would probably be standard rate of pay. As for the breaks, well it depends if you get a break during the match. You might just get a break once the game finished lol. Also, considering you'll be the fresh meat, i doubt they will give you breaks at the good times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)