• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should all citizens have equal voting power? (2 Viewers)

yeh, nah?

• Yeh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lentern

HSC
Barnaby Joyce, Wilson Tuckey, Petro Georgieou, Bronwyn Bishop, Sophie Mirrabella, Mark Latham, Harry Quick, Rod Sawford, John Faulkner, Laurrie Ferguson all are line toeing good'ns right? Where was the former treasurer when the stimulus package vote took place? He certainly wasn't lining up behind the leader to vote nay, rumour has it he was in the parliamentary mess.

The American politicians with any influence are situated within a close proximity to their "centre" just like ours. Yes there are Mitt Romney/Al Sharpton kind of figures lurking around the place but we saw exactly how far these extremes get when one of them was placed on presidential ticket. There centre is right of ours but their spectrum isn't miles wider than ours and the absence of a formidable third power is what causes that, similar the presence of some mavericks within the two major parties does not.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
I think all should have the power to vote and all should count equally. However I also think voting should be optional. There are too many people jut voting cos they have to and not even caring what they put down or who they vote for, let us who give a crap decide.

Amazonis

HSC
Personally, I think a homeless man who couldn't care less about who's running the country, and who really isn't all that affected by the leader's decisions should have less of a say in the country than say, for example, a company executive.

What do you think? Should we all really be on equal footing?
Why not just cut the crap and ban anyone from voting if they don't intend to vote for the Liberal/National Coalition?

I believe they currently have a similar system in North Korea, or as it is more appropriately known, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Nut.

44Ronin

HSC
Why not just cut the crap and ban anyone from voting if they don't intend to vote for the Liberal/National Coalition?

I believe they currently have a similar system in North Korea, or as it is more appropriately known, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Nut.
Also sounds like Cuba

The Cuban Communist Party controls who can run for elections.
Candidates' names and qualifications are posted for the public to see,but they are not allowed to actively campaign.The Cuban Government says that this is to avoid encouraging "demagoguery and false promises,"

lol @ dumbfuck fascist communists

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)