• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Re: OFFICIAL Semester 2, 2007 Thread

has that happened in Australia yet, or just in the US? also, do they do drug testing in Australia when you're applying for a corporate position?

Shaking Paper

HSC

Does anyone know the cut off date/time for adding a unit of study?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Shaking Paper

HSC

Ah yes, should've checked here more thoroughly.

Thanks.

And hooray, that's a week later than I anticipated.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

stazi said:
has that happened in Australia yet, or just in the US? also, do they do drug testing in Australia when you're applying for a corporate position?
i dunno, but unless it's a blood test (edit: hair test), unless u;d been doing it recently i doubt any drugs would show up (unless your a long term pot user)

i know this as my friend got drug tested for a job in a sawmill and it didnt come up positive even tho he'd had a shitload of pot and some e 2.5 weeks earlier

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

wait, a urine test detects drugs in your system for longer than a blood test does. also, your friend would have gotten lucky. pot stays in your system for approx. 3 months.

i was just generally interested about the drug testing. i dont really do drugs anymore, so don't have anything to worry about (and its unlikely they'd conduct a hair folicle test).

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

stazi said:
wait, a urine test detects drugs in your system for longer than a blood test does. also, your friend would have gotten lucky. pot stays in your system for approx. 3 months.

i was just generally interested about the drug testing. i dont really do drugs anymore, so don't have anything to worry about (and its unlikely they'd conduct a hair folicle test).
oh, whoops, meant hair test, blood test just leaped to my mind because it seems more...conventional

pot only stays in your system for that long if ur a heavy user, something to do with how it metabolises or some shit, and fat as well

HSC
Re: Semester 2 Chatter Thread!

veridis said:
yeah i do 1014 unfortunately. god that course is going to be slow. first week and all we did was adding vectors
what tutes are you in?
For MATH1014 my tute's on Thursday at 2pm. MATH1013 is on Tuesday 9am. You?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

iheartpaulfrank said:
Yeah I was tempted to do that actually. But I wanted to do the maths now while it was still sorta fresh in my mind. At least I get it out of the way and I won't have it hanging over my head. But YOU should have kept maths. I checked your original timetable. We would have been in the same tutes I think.
Ooh, I got me a stalker. Are the math courses easy thus far? Easier than life science calculus? I heard matrices were meant to be hard (at unsw).

stazi

Nightman
HSC

velox said:
matrices are a joke.
yeah, i agree. the first one was good but reloaded and revolutions were shithouse.

veridis

droog
HSC

Iheartpaulfrank said:
For MATH1014 my tute's on Thursday at 2pm. MATH1013 is on Tuesday 9am. You?
9am tute? you crazy bastard. i'm monday 12 for 1013, and wednesday 3 for 1014.
we should all meet up during lectures, i need someone to keep me awake for most of them.

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
Ooh, I got me a stalker. Are the math courses easy thus far? Easier than life science calculus? I heard matrices were meant to be hard (at unsw).
MATH1014 is easy so far, but MATH1013 is proving to be quite the challenge cos I've pretty much forgotten the HSC Mathematics course. I was like, product rule? differentiation? what?! But I get what the lecturer is saying. I don't know what a matrice is though. I didn't do life sciences calculus so I wouldn't know.

Oh and btw, I wasn't stalking. :eek: I looked at ur timetable as I'm sure you did everyone else that posted theirs up. I noticed it ages ago, I just never mentioned it.

veridis said:
9am tute? you crazy bastard. i'm monday 12 for 1013, and wednesday 3 for 1014.
we should all meet up during lectures, i need someone to keep me awake for most of them.
Yeah I know. Cos for MATH1014 I go to the 8am lectures. Luckily I get to go to the 11am ones for MATH1013. I'm always awake during lectures, yes even MATH.

stazi said:
How can you have an accuracy rate for compatibility? Like how do they say those two people were more compatible than the other two? There would be no statistically valid way of confirming it. Your skepticism is very warranted.
:uhhuh:

***​
Anyways on a different note... does anyone have a break on Monday from 9-11? I'm lonely then. :(

Last edited:

thenothing

no member
HSC
Re: Semester II Chatter Thread!

I think with the compatibility thing, if they do the equation on a couple and they're deemed incompatible, the couple don't stay together, and vice versa :)

I think Clio said that it was whether a husband and wife would be together in six years time, not just a plain old compatibility thing.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

in that case, i would guess that some of the survey questions include things like 'are you happy with your relationship'. maths can't determine whether or not a couple will stay together. carefully selected questions can. even if questions are along the lines of 'when X happens, you want your partner to do Y' have nothing to do with maths (apart from how they are converted to statistical analysis)

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

i have no idea. born2beplacebo or something like that had that avatar. i edited it and replaced the first word with tranny.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A

Iheartpaulfrank said:
MATH1014 is easy so far, but MATH1013 is proving to be quite the challenge cos I've pretty much forgotten the HSC Mathematics course. I was like, product rule? differentiation? what?! But I get what the lecturer is saying. I don't know what a matrice is though. I didn't do life sciences calculus so I wouldn't know.

Oh and btw, I wasn't stalking. :eek: I looked at ur timetable as I'm sure you did everyone else that posted theirs up. I noticed it ages ago, I just never mentioned it.

Yeah I know. Cos for MATH1014 I go to the 8am lectures. Luckily I get to go to the 11am ones for MATH1013. I'm always awake during lectures, yes even MATH.

:uhhuh:

***​
Anyways on a different note... does anyone have a break on Monday from 9-11? I'm lonely then. :(
I have a break from 10am onwards on Mondays, but im generally a boring person :)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

I also have a break from 9am-12pm on Monday's, although I'm generally a weird person.

HSC

^^ You both sound kewl. But I think I might just bring HP7 to read. I'm only up to Chapter 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)