• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Selective Entry Thread 2021 (Lockdown) (2 Viewers)

zenli

HSC
heyo, im in yr 9 applying for yr 10 and im also in a partial aswell I haven't personally done the hast before but I have read a lot abt it and I think I can answer a few of your questions.
Firstly, for resources, there are some but they honestly aren't very useful, I bought something called notes edu and it was the easiest stuff i ever saw, the hast would be 10x harder than these online websites that say they will prepare u for hast so I dont recommend it, I wasted 100 dollars aswell with it.

Secondly, for maths Im not sure whether they will test yr 11 but I feel like they would, so maybe just go through some year 11 topics and see if u can do some of them. But make sure your yr 10 maths knowledge is good. Oh and its more of both mathematical ability and problem solving. For the math and science, the science component rlly doesn't need to be studied, it is mainly math and just logical reasoning perhaps. Its like science icas if u have done that before, from what I have heard u dont need to study for the science part vigorously maybe just the basics and a little yr 11 if u can.

For writing yes, you will have to write and a creative AND a discursive.

Finally, for abstract reasoning it is basically figuring out patterns and is similar to general ability but it doesn't have any vocab type stuff in it. Its all just logic pretty much(even tho i hate abstract reasoning). Its basically like one of those job tests u do just search some up and do them to get used to it.

man its been forever since i was last here lol 😅
Hey I know this is literally 2 years later but how was it? What sort of questions did it have in it? I'm applying this year and LOL my parents said this is my last chance or I'm moving to a crap ahh school

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
Hey I know this is literally 2 years later but how was it? What sort of questions did it have in it? I'm applying this year and LOL my parents said this is my last chance or I'm moving to a crap ahh school
Farrrr ion even remember bro. All I remember is that for 'math and science' theres like no math in it, basically just graphs, tables(and you draw conclusions from that). The abstract reasoning is similar to the UCAT, and English was just comprehension and we got to decide whether we wanted to write a creative or discursive based on an image. Probably doesn't help that much, you should ask someone who did it recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)