• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

SDD Half yearly results (1 Viewer)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
For my half yearlies report mark, I got 68% which is 1st. Now my teacher tells me that I could've done better and I believed that... but since school assessments are just for rankings then i'm quite comfortable there.
Note: others (the ppl coming second & third) are way behind me at 50 -> barely passing

HSC
i think its normal everyone flunks the half yearlies because they totally change exam format to what im used too in year 11, i had a look over my exam the MC i got like 13/15, and the other sections where case scenarios asking questions based on SDD (such as appropriate data structures etc...), and i got about 12/13 out of 15 (for a few of them) then when it came to algorithms, i got 2/20! i came 30min late and basically was fucked for the algorithms

but regardless, i really didnt know what the hell those algorithms where talking about, i litrelly drilled myself into analysing at least a dozen algorithms (HSC's, nagged teachers ,books) and know now what too look out for

doesnt anyone find this subject really ... easy in most area's then in some concepts downright difficult?!

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Casmira said:
i think its normal everyone flunks the half yearlies because they totally change exam format to what im used too in year 11, i had a look over my exam the MC i got like 13/15, and the other sections where case scenarios asking questions based on SDD (such as appropriate data structures etc...), and i got about 12/13 out of 15 (for a few of them) then when it came to algorithms, i got 2/20! i came 30min late and basically was fucked for the algorithms

but regardless, i really didnt know what the hell those algorithms where talking about, i litrelly drilled myself into analysing at least a dozen algorithms (HSC's, nagged teachers ,books) and know now what too look out for

doesnt anyone find this subject really ... easy in most area's then in some concepts downright difficult?!
srry i have to disagree, to be honest my teacher is 1 who set the trial paper and she said it vey easy 2 pass this course if u knew the secert. i got the secert once i found out from the all the past papers i was doing :D u guys should do the same too, but she copied off the 01, 02 papers which was a bit annoying since i didnt study that much off those :vcross:

HSC
there is no secret! just know your main theory but REALLY know your algorithms, searches, sorting, metalanguages

edit; clarification
i dont know why im telling you this, you got a walking talking sam david SDD text book on standby!

Last edited:
HSC
hahaha lol! ur hilarious! its funny how highly people regard my daddy! i mean, i look up to him more than any other person, but not so much because of his intelligence, but coz of just who he is as a person, and without saying too much about him, what he has done over his life to get him to the point he is at now!

HSC
most people who are blitzing the subject is because of his book! other books are too generic, dont even explain things property, but he has all these "group activity" spaced out, i dont use most but when im confused on a concept (such as sort/search or metalanguge) and you attempt it, you get a better understanding because you get the chance to apply the concept to a scenario(s)

HSC
lol... well anytime you need him to type, come on here and ask a question, im always looking up threads i have posted on, so if u write in one of those, i can always forward your question onto him...

i just realised i've been chatting to you in chemistry aswell... lol

HSC
yes ive been staying up working on my chemistry prac assignment, since 10:30 ive been going at it and my brains fried ;D

aaaman

Banned
HSC
surfsup_melly88 said:
SECRET??? and why have you not informed us?
its simply past papers, past papers, past papers. this course is brief but so are the questions if u actually read though these exams. but the alorgthms do however need to be known in extreme detail and dont forget, this course is very young so a surpise happening is unlikely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)