• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

School Holidays... (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
How have everyone's school holidays been? Anyone go anywhere interesting and wishing to express it with the community.

Mine we extremely boring so far... stayed at home and went to one friends house (though that was ok). I discovered www.boredofstudies.org which i think is a genius invention... I love it :)

Apart from that.... Dead Boring.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aquawhite said:
How have everyone's school holidays been? Anyone go anywhere interesting and wishing to express it with the community.

Mine we extremely boring so far... stayed at home and went to one friends house (though that was ok). I discovered www.boredofstudies.org which i think is a genius invention... I love it :)

Apart from that.... Dead Boring.
I went to skiing for two days on last weekends. It was a horrible experience due to 7-8 hours of sickening car ride (14-16 in total). So far my holiday has been bombarded with studying, exercising, procrastination on BoS, taking care of household activities, going out with friends (study groups, lol) and yeah, that's it.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not studying yet for my exams... I will start to do small amounts of study once I return back at school... During the week and on weekends. Within about 1-2 months prior to the exams i will be flat out... I am relaxing these holidays... avoiding work lol.

robot rabbit

HSC
School holidays have not been that great. I have to do two major assignments and one is due after the holidays.

HSC
im going for a week of skiing..it doesnt cost that much coz we have a friend that owns a place at smiggin holes :)

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
I went to skiing for two days on last weekends. It was a horrible experience due to 7-8 hours of sickening car ride (14-16 in total). So far my holiday has been bombarded with studying, exercising, procrastination on BoS, taking care of household activities, going out with friends (study groups, lol) and yeah, that's it.
7-8 hours??.. Wah.. You live in Sydney right?? It shouldn't take more then 6 hours if you know where to go, even if you keep on the speed limit-Unless you went on a bus.

Anyway, I've been skiing, playing a bit of computer, thinking about subject selection, sleeping and doing assignments.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
TearsOfFire said:
7-8 hours??.. Wah.. You live in Sydney right?? It shouldn't take more then 6 hours if you know where to go, even if you keep on the speed limit-Unless you went on a bus.

Anyway, I've been skiing, playing a bit of computer, thinking about subject selection, sleeping and doing assignments.
We stopped at Canberra for a bit. And we got a bit lost.

alan7948

HSC
lol lots of people went skiing including me at perisher. holidays have been boring cause i have my english speech to do

alan7948

HSC
robot rabbit said:
Just out of curiosity, what is your english speech on/
Macbeth, actual question was which representation you preferred out of BBC macbeth or macbeth retold

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Dirtbike riding, horse riding, bludging, work (not school work but a casual job)...

only decided this morning that I should get some school work done :)

Last edited:

robot rabbit

HSC
alan7948 said:
Macbeth, actual question was which representation you preferred out of BBC macbeth or macbeth retold
Ours was why should the poetry of John Donne be included in the curriculum.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
havent done anything in the holidays. I have a geo task, english speech, music assignment, and pe assignment to do. Havent started any of them because my laptop is on repair. It has taken a whole week to repair already..Seriously, what is taking those people so long!

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
nerdsforever said:
havent done anything in the holidays. I have a geo task, english speech, music assignment, and pe assignment to do. Havent started any of them because my laptop is on repair. It has taken a whole week to repair already..Seriously, what is taking those people so long!
Lol. I have had no assignments etc. to do over the holidays. Thankgod.

What was wrong with your laptop? You should have brought it to me lol. I know enough about computers to nearly open my own repair store with a friend; though I doubt it would go anywhere because there are like heaps of repair people in my town.... they all are crap though and charge heaps.
The one near me charges about $50 an hour for repairs and he spends ages on them so your total bill is huge. I was thinking of sending him my laptop once because of viscious malware and he priced the repair at $175. :bomb: I simply fixed the problem myself after being pissed off soo much. Only took me about 1 hour to figure it out :). But it was free!

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Aquawhite said:
Lol. I have had no assignments etc. to do over the holidays. Thankgod.

What was wrong with your laptop? You should have brought it to me lol. I know enough about computers to nearly open my own repair store with a friend; though I doubt it would go anywhere because there are like heaps of repair people in my town.... they all are crap though and charge heaps.
The one near me charges about $50 an hour for repairs and he spends ages on them so your total bill is huge. I was thinking of sending him my laptop once because of viscious malware and he priced the repair at $175. :bomb: I simply fixed the problem myself after being pissed off soo much. Only took me about 1 hour to figure it out :). But it was free!
lol I was charging it, and I took it out to watch an anime in my room. When I came back to charge it again, the charger wouldnt fit int the hole anymore :mad: weird, isnt it? it just keeps falling out, so I forced it in, and now the people told me because I forced it in, the motherboard is damaged. And because I forced it in, the warranty wouldnt apply

haha lucky you

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Very Lucky! :)

it would be extremely hard to damage your motherboard by shoving the charging cord in too tightly... because the charging cord doesn't direcly touch the motherboard; it goes through a small series of wires and switches... That's really odd. You might have done something else to cause damage to the motherboard.

See if you can find a diagram of a laptop on the internet and you will see how the charging works... it does in no way or form actually touch the motherboard. Unless the port was loose to start with (or it came loose somehow) and when you shoved the charger into the charging port it has broken that part of the motherboard.... therefore ruining the whole thing!

Uhoh.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Aquawhite said:
Very Lucky! :)

it would be extremely hard to damage your motherboard by shoving the charging cord in too tightly... because the charging cord doesn't direcly touch the motherboard; it goes through a small series of wires and switches... That's really odd. You might have done something else to cause damage to the motherboard.

See if you can find a diagram of a laptop on the internet and you will see how the charging works... it does in no way or form actually touch the motherboard. Unless the port was loose to start with (or it came loose somehow) and when you shoved the charger into the charging port it has broken that part of the motherboard.... therefore ruining the whole thing!

Uhoh.
ohhhh I see. I guess I did something then. I dropped it once. Maybe it went loose there. If they are doing something with the motherboard, would they erase all my memory by any chance? because I have an assignment I forgot to print off

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
All your information is stored on the Hard Drive/Local Drive.... C:/. They will disconnect your harddrive so they can put in a new motherboard since she controls everything lol. Everything is connected to the motherboard in some form or another.

I also highly doubt that you could even damage your motherboard through anything to do with the power because the motherboard has to be raised off any of the sides to prevent electricution. The power going to the motherboard is transferred through the powerpack.... sorry I didn't explain that.... The power from the wall actually has to hit the power pack/switch in your computer then in will send impulses into your motherboard to turn on when you hit the power button.

I hope the repair people aren't bullshitting to you cause this is gunna cost you a hell of alot of money.... a very second hand computer will cost less than this repair.... its more a replacement!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)