• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Sacred Writings and Stories - Islam and Christianity (1 Viewer)

dandel26

HSC
Hey everyone
Does anyone have any good notes on Sacred Writings and Stories - Islam and Christianity. Any info would be great.

Cheers

BronwynKate

HSC
Hi Dandel!

There's a good site I know called

sacredtexts.com

Also look for Islamic and Christian apologetics.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/index.htm

Karen Armstrong is a good writer about the Islamic side of things.

religioustolerance.org is a great site that I very often use. It gives one insight into traditions from a neutral point of view. The continuum of tolerance may be interesting to you.

Now I am very tired and it is only just afternoon.

Did something catchy your eye in your textbook, I wonder?

I think with Islam look at a story about the prophets, which will tie in Christianity. Look at the Gospels and Jesus's parables and the One Law which is loving everybody as a neighbour and ourselves.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
dandel26 said:
Hey everyone
Does anyone have any good notes on Sacred Writings and Stories - Islam and Christianity. Any info would be great.

Cheers
in relation to what area? if it's bioethics then i might be able to help ya.

erica198

HSC
i was wondering with this cross religion study do you need to say how the themes for example love and love contribute to ethical justification and spirtual direction for a believer. or can you say believers are influenced by the themes and ethical justification and spirtual direction.

thankyou in advance

goliwog

HSC
Im not sure , but my guess is that the themes of love and evil overlap with ethical justification and spirtual direction.

For example. For Jesus love depends more on the nature of the lover "Jesus replied, You must love the lord your God with all your heart , all your sould and all your mind... Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself" Mat 22:37,39

So this comments on christian ethics and the importance of Love in the christian community in spiritual direction.

"Spend your wealth for the cause of Allah, and be not cast by your own hand to ruin; and do good. Lo! Allah loveth the beneficent." Surat al baqara

I guess this scripture in islam could be used to justify Zakat or Almsgiving in the Islamic community. Zakat I believe is essential to the community as it provides funds for the poor.

also in christian scriptures "For the Love of Money is the root of all evil" 1 tim 6:10 ... Amish communities use this verse to justify secluded societies that are not reliant on money.

Hope that helps. My guess is that ethical justification and spiritual guidence goes beyond the themes of Love and evil though .. not sure ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)