• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Rudd to build broadband network (1 Viewer)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Which is why private schooling has been generally increasing over the past few decades?
wat does this even mean

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
education is far too important to let the free market decide!

Lentern

HSC
How much of these private sector schools are actually funded for the large part by the private sector. It's a slight top up, make them 100% free of government funding and see how many parents decide it's worth sending their kids there.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
How much of these private sector schools are actually funded for the large part by the private sector. It's a slight top up, make them 100% free of government funding and see how many parents decide it's worth sending their kids there.
That's not real competition though, it's a distorted market and you can't say that private solutions wouldn't work on that basis.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
That's not real competition though, it's a distorted market and you can't say that private solutions wouldn't work on that basis.
IF they could work, there would be an example. Private health/education will not benefit everyone besides big coporations.

Anyone remeber Mayne Health, it bought billions in health, and it failed.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
fuck i dont even knwo what i m talking about, ignore all my posts, i should get some sleep

Lentern

HSC
Hey, I take offense at that. I'm categorically not a conservative in that I don't want to preserve the status quo.

Evidence. Based. Politics.
Sorry but the rules of politics say if you wanna advocate lower taxes you must also be a xenophobic, homophobic, bible bashing, gun toating, pro war conservative. It's just the way it is.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Pretty sure schools like Kings, Joeys, Riverview, Knox, Grammar, Scots, Shore, Newington, Trinity, Aloys, SCHEGS Darlinghurst, Santa, both PLCs, Kincoppal, both Lorettos and so on receive the very vast majority of their money from school fees.

Lentern

HSC
Pretty sure schools like Kings, Joeys, Riverview, Knox, Grammar, Scots, Shore, Newington, Trinity, Aloys, SCHEGS Darlinghurst, Santa, both PLCs, Kincoppal, both Lorettos and so on receive the very vast majority of their money from school fees.
I think not

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
Well it doesn't receive any funding from the state government AFAIK
It contributes to a higher overall standard of education and saves the government from paying for a few thousand kids (directly) therefore should be compensated?

idk im talking shit but that makes sense to me?

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
No, I'm saying it doesn't. I don't think it should receive funding from the government full stop. Either it's private or not this half arsed shit is stupid.

Edit: Though people's rational is that since they pay taxes they should get funding regardless of what school they go to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)