• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Results Withheld (1 Viewer)

Kameron_G

HSC
I graduated High school in 2009 and commenced a bachelors degree in Media Arts in 2010. About halfway through my first year, my mother was diagnosed with multiple slecrosis and breast cancer almost simultaneously, I also encountered various other issues in my home and personal life which were distracting. I found myself attending university less and less, and about half way through my second semester I just stopped showing up altogether, I just couldn't handle the 90 minute trip each way and all the stress associated with uni on top of what was going on at home.

I took the rest of 2010 and this year off, however I realise it was irresponsible and quite stupid of me to just stop going to university like that. I've been working full time for about 6 months now, however I wish to go back to university to do an arts degree and hopefully transfer to architecture at UNSW if i can get the marks.

Last month, I applied for various arts degrees via UAC, however I received an email recently saying that UOW had withheld my results for reasons other than overdue fees. I immediately knew this was due to my disappearing act, and will be going down to wollongong next week to hopefully sort it all out. The reason I am posting this is, does anyone have any idea how this will affect my chances of getting back into a university? Will it make things much harder for me in the long run, especially attempting to transfer to a harder course like architecture somewhere down the track?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Kameron.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
you need to speak to them about special consideration

did you drop the courses last year? or did you just fail them

Kameron_G

HSC
Nope, I didn't drop them, I literally just stopped going back without going through the proper process of applying for late withdrawl without academic penalty. I was going quite well too, I had a distinction average for my first semester.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
That means you didnt meet the course requirements of attendance or whatever and they have probably failed you. Your best bet for special consideration is to call them up

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Go and talk to them - yes, it was stupid of you to do what you did, but that doesn't mean the uni can't fix it up. General rule of university administration - if you can get someone adequately high up to sign a piece of paper, just about anything can be changed. They'll have special consideration procedures in place and all that. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)