• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

resitting prelims (1 Viewer)

shoutoutloud

HSC
it was one exam is screwed up in so my stupid princple is making thoose who got less then half resit. that was me 36/80

Last edited:

0hNivlek

HSC
kaz1 said:
A lot of people got less than 50% in my school. They didn't have to resit their exams though.
Same at our school lol. Since the highest business mark was only in the 60's XD!

ital101

HSC
shoutoutloud said:
it was one exam is screwed up in so my stupid princple is making thoose who got less then half resit. that was me 36/40
36/40 is not less than 50%. Um ...sorry, perhaps I misunderstood. Maybe you meant that your rank for the exam was 36th out of 40 people.

SimonLee13

HSC
Repeating your prelims will not benefit your hsc majorly. Repeating your hsc however should lead to massive improvements.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I'd say work on your handwriting if it's letting you down.
I've had about four of my teachers tell me I have nice handwriting but it's just too hard to read for those tired HSC markers who need to mark 430987687690234 handwritten essays. I agreed with my teachers.
Just print. It is so much easier to read.
And also, try to hand write essays for english instead of using the computer. It helps a lot.
It's not going to hurt you if you resit the exam. In some ways it might help.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
SimonLee13 said:
Repeating your prelims will not benefit your hsc majorly. Repeating your hsc however should lead to massive improvements.
She's just re-doing the tests, not repeating all of year 11 <- THAT would be stupid

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Honestly not a bad idea to resit them. No point complaining as it is clearly your school's policy. While the content will be different from prleim to HSC, it's still worthwhile. Practice will improve your mark in HSC, so the more essays you write, the more downpat you'll have the structure, so the better you will be, regardless of the content.

-maddie-

HSC
You should not have to resit prelims, the HSC course if completely different and it is actually good to fail them because you know what not to do in the actual HSC.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
It depends imo.

If you believe you will be able to change your study patterns and do well in Year 12 - I wouldn't sit the prelims again - because you've wasted a year or so. However - if you think you might stuff up Year 12 - then I'd consider resitting the prelims. Because with some subjects - prelim content can be reassessed in the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)