• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Republic (1 Viewer)

Should we become a republic?

• Yes

Votes: 50 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 35.9%

• Total voters

Alexander

Gold Member
Originally posted by Bambul
I don't quite understand what your saying. Bill Clinton was involved in a sex scandal a few years back so the current system in Australia is all fine and dandy?
I dont quite understand what YOU'RE saying. You clearly insinuated that because Peter Hollingworth was hounded from office due to personal allegations, then the current system is broke. I merely compaired that to Clinton, making a brilliant comparison I might add. With your logic, the US system is well and truely in the shite hole because a pres. fooled around with a secretary, while a GG in Aust. failed to act on someone elses scandal in his previous job.
I thought that was quite clear. Scandal etc. is a human element. No system can eradicate that. Let's stick to the issue.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by Cape
Do you think that we should become a republic??? I don't really know, I hate being tied to England, however, at the same time, if we do become a republic, I feel that we would become the 2nd America. What do you all think?
i dont see why we shouldnt become a republic.... australia has become more multiculural... we arent all poms!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by SKA
i dont see why we shouldnt become a republic.... australia has become more multiculural... we arent all poms!
It isn't just about us being "British" but its more an issue of who should rule Australia, an Australian or a foreigner.

Alexander

Gold Member
Most of as are poms. In fact, some of us wouldn't mind a culture of our own which is tied to our roots, rather than simply observing the polarizing and fracturing of a country full of loads of isolated communities in a mish-mash of clashing cultures in a dead-man's land of an ignored indigenous ideollogy.
Enriching my arse.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
It isn't just about us being "British" but its more an issue of who should rule Australia, an Australian or a foreigner.

yeh... australians should rule australia if u ask me.
this country is a bit scared of standing on its own two feet

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by Alexander
oh yeah? well I think that you're irresponsible and totally out of your depth
n why is that???
r u a pom??

Alexander

Gold Member
i just heard it on a movie and have been dieing to say it...it's all in the delievery though.......and yes, yes i am- but as australian as anyone can claim to be.
But im passionate about not being a repubic for better reasons than that--heck, the republican movement is bigger in the UK then it is here, for different reasons though.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by Alexander
i just heard it on a movie and have been dieing to say it...it's all in the delievery though.......and yes, yes i am- but as australian as anyone can claim to be.
But im passionate about not being a repubic for better reasons than that--heck, the republican movement is bigger in the UK then it is here, for different reasons though.

ok.. so mr alexander.. what are ur reasons that make u strongly agree in staying tied to england n the poms

Alexander

Gold Member
Please see former part of thread, and have a nice day *eye twitch, voices calling for massacre surpressed*
(Keep calm, count to ten....)

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
i hate people that say 'ow go here if u want to find out'
fuk... cant u just talk

Alexander

Gold Member
Listen, you bloody fecking annoying paperclip personification, cant you just read? I dont want to start talking in platitudes just because you're LAZY.

Rorix

HSC
Originally posted by SKA
i hate people that say 'ow go here if u want to find out'
fuk... cant u just talk
Well, you see, there are two options:

#1 - Alexander can copy/paste his comments from the previous pages so that you can read them, and everyone else who has already read the thread also can experience the joy of moving their scroll wheel finger.
#2 - You can practice hand-eye co-ordination by clicking on that 2 or 3 at the top of the page and seeing the original - "the original and the best"

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
yeh... so i hate going back n taking 10 years to find somehitng... n u dont even know if u got the right thing... make it easier for evry1

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
sorry, just because i seem to disagree with everything u gotta say. doesnt matter what we talking about it... cant win with you... spesh your opinions on becoming a republic... just because we aint all poms! u dont have to deny the fact that thats the true honest reason you think australia shouldnt become a republic.. your a bloody pom! be honest with yourself

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
oh btw.. perhaps i did go a bit too far with the link thing... but umm.. was just trying to state that it would be easier for everyone so they know what they are looking at

Rorix

HSC
Ah, but everyone except you did know what they were looking at - this thread. If you really wanted to help them out, you could have quoted sections that he has posted when you responded to them.

BTW: Your views are not, I think, the reason he is calling you a dumbass. I'm not one to insult people I don't know personally, but from what I've seen, I'd be inclined to agree.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ok i chose to stay a monarchy because:
- we arent really disadvantaged with having the queen in charge... its not like shes stopped us from doing anything
- it would be very expensive to change.. we would have to get new currency/flag and replace everything
- it is nice having a strong link with england.. one of the more important countries
- we wouldnt be in the commonwealth games.. lol
- john howard is australian.. look at the decisions he makes, hes an asshole.. whats the difference if having an australian leader and a british leader.. lots of people were born overseas so most likely the leader will be from another place.. how do u define 'australian?' because the queen could be as aussie as u and me.. she just lives somewhere else (leaders do travel and the only time u see them is like on tv anyway)
- change sucks :p

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
oh really.. so what was the reason .. seeing as though u think i interpreted it wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)