• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Religion Catholic Studies (1 Viewer)

Jaylee42003

HSC
Does anybody do/know of anyone that does Religion Catholic Studies??

Coz I haven't met one person on BoS who is doing it :confused:

Does anyone else thinks it's a joke? I honestly feel the course is a waste of time. It's non-uai, and that's the reason I picked it (I'm really bad at religion). Each lesson I find myself :sleep: and I'm the only student (out of 9) who isn't catholic and is receiving a uai...I feel a bit random in class :S

My school makes Religion compulsory from years 7 - 12 :mad1: As does most or all Catholic schools...but still, I think it should be optional, and incorporate religious education into pastoral care lessons instead.

Idk...I just find it so annoying! -_- Catholic schools -_-

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
Weird. I thought you had to be a Catholic to attend a Catholic school.. Or at least I know quite a few schools that do this. At my old school, SOR or Catholic studies was compulsory, most people actually choose to do SOR 1 as its 1 unit that you don't waste and its ridiculously easy to get marks in for the HSC.. and most of us hated the fact that the school made religion compulsory. Catholic studies, there were some that choose it, but speaking to some guys now, a lot of them have changed to SOR 1 because CS is just a waste of time.. for them, they adopt that attitude that if you're wasting time studying religion, you might as well make it count for HSC - very easy marks as everything comes from the syllabus dotpoints.

HSC
Weird. I thought you had to be a Catholic to attend a Catholic school.. Or at least I know quite a few schools that do this. At my old school, SOR or Catholic studies was compulsory, most people actually choose to do SOR 1 as its 1 unit that you don't waste and its ridiculously easy to get marks in for the HSC.. and most of us hated the fact that the school made religion compulsory. Catholic studies, there were some that choose it, but speaking to some guys now, a lot of them have changed to SOR 1 because CS is just a waste of time.. for them, they adopt that attitude that if you're wasting time studying religion, you might as well make it count for HSC - very easy marks as everything comes from the syllabus dotpoints.
I agree - SOR1 doesn't seem that hard from what I've read.

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
Does anybody do/know of anyone that does Religion Catholic Studies??

Coz I haven't met one person on BoS who is doing it :confused:

Does anyone else thinks it's a joke? I honestly feel the course is a waste of time. It's non-uai, and that's the reason I picked it (I'm really bad at religion). Each lesson I find myself :sleep: and I'm the only student (out of 9) who isn't catholic and is receiving a uai...I feel a bit random in class :S

My school makes Religion compulsory from years 7 - 12 :mad1: As does most or all Catholic schools...but still, I think it should be optional, and incorporate religious education into pastoral care lessons instead.

Idk...I just find it so annoying! -_- Catholic schools -_-
ya i know that subject
but i dun do it
as i m not catholic (though i go to catholic sku)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
The school I attend forces me to choose between Studies of Religion I or II or Catholic Studies (non-atar).

I simply went along with SOR I (was interested in II) and it's super super easy!... I don't think it's all that boring and doubt anyone at my school will bother with "Catholic Studies" since learning about the Christian and Catholic religion from 7-10 was tedious and pedantic. Religion I is much more interesting and it's very easy to blab about.

P.S. Not catholic, but I attend a catholic school. Almost all catholic schools allow about 5-10% non-catholic students through their doors each year. My school got slack and now about 40% of students are not catholic, although I don't see a problem.

lurveNpeace

HSC
LOL, i do SOR too
its soo pointless, its just a subject to do because its a catholic school LOL
they have nothing else to replace it with, so might as well learn about religion.

Coldrae

HSC
I do Cathos, because it is compulsory at my school to do SoR or cathos.
I tend not to think about it until the SoR folk have to do an exam/assessment which is when I feel like my choice for doing Cathos has been justified :)

allira92

HSC
my school is a catholic school and last year they had the choice between catholic studies or sor and most ppl chose catholic studies. my year was given the option to do catholic studies but hardly anybody picked it so everybody does sor1 with one sor2 class...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)