• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Related Texts (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey,

Could someone tell me how i could link all these texts together and what the best stimulus text to use is? Im kinda stuck

1. Lovely Bones
2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
3. Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Coleridge)
4. Frost at Midnight (Coleridge)

For 1 and 3 i was thinking the spiritual/religious context e.g with heaven, god etc, and texts 2 and 4 the use of memory and flashbacks?

Any tips/pointers would be great

Cheers

Lunatic

HSC
I haven't seen "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" or read "Lovely Bones" but out of those you've listed, you have a movie (ie visual text), a novel and two poems, so for the stimulus text I'd use "Journeys over land and sea", "The town where time stands still" or "Blood on the tracks" because they're all non-fiction, which is a good contrast to the other works you listed. I'd avoid "The road not taken" and "Journey to the ointerior" because they're poems, and you would be going into detail with the Coleridge poems; I'd also avoid "The Wind in the Willows" because it's an extract from a novel and you're already doing a novel. "The Ivory Trail" could go either way; movies are pretty much visual texts but a still image uses some different techniques to movies.

You can tie "Journeys over Land and Sea" in with "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" pretty well. You could also tie in "Blood on the tracks" with "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" because one is a review of a movie, the other is a movie... as for the rest, I don't know.

kaylz

HSC
Use Coleridge's poetic faith and the task of the responder, then tie it in with The Town Where Time Stands Still and it's assertion on the motivation for journeying; the base and the underlying pure compulsions. Apply it to imaginative journeys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)