• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Reducing Course Time (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
At the moment I'm doing a double degree in Creative Arts and Commerce over 4.5 years. I was just wondering if the below idea is possible:

By taking an extra subject in some of the semesters (which I am currently doing), I can reduce half a year off my course (4 subjects). Then, I do summer session twice, doing 4 subjects each time. This reduces it to 3 years. Finally, I add an honours degree to my Creative Arts course, putting it back to 4 years.

Is this possible?

Morbo

HSC
At the moment I'm doing a double degree in Creative Arts and Commerce over 4.5 years. I was just wondering if the below idea is possible:

By taking an extra subject in some of the semesters (which I am currently doing), I can reduce half a year off my course (4 subjects). Then, I do summer session twice, doing 4 subjects each time. This reduces it to 3 years. Finally, I add an honours degree to my Creative Arts course, putting it back to 4 years.

Is this possible?
You'll have to check which courses are offered during summer session because most courses are not. However, this differs greatly between universities.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'd rather keep doing creative arts classes until the end of the course. That way I'm better off in the job market, to make the transition better. Because it's theatre production, I'm worrried that if I finish my 1.5 years of commerce after all the creative arts, I'd loose a lot of the skills, and I'd be out of the theatre loop.

spence

HSC
Also I think summer school courses are pretty intensive, so doing 4 at a time will require a lot of work

izzy88

HSC
Also I think summer school courses are pretty intensive, so doing 4 at a time will require a lot of work
on this point- because summer school crams everything into a short period, i'd think you'd probably have lots of lecture/tutorial clashes as well. If they even offer four subjects relevant to what you want to do/your major (which would be rare i would think).
and the cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)