• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Reason for studying Economics? (1 Viewer)

Huaojozu

HSC
Hi, this question goes to anyone who studied, or is currently studying Economics at high school/university. Why did you choose this subject? What was the reason you decided to study Economics?

Numbers

Banned
HSC
Huaojozu said:
Hi, this question goes to anyone who studied, or is currently studying Economics at high school/university. Why did you choose this subject? What was the reason you decided to study Economics?
Well, I'm studying Economics in High School, and the reason I chose it was because my brothers did. Seriously, that was pretty much the only reason, besides of course for the great scaling.

However, in hindsight, I'm pretty happy I chose Economics because it's given me a better understanding of the structures of contemporary economies and the way they run.

HSC
N/A
hey im doing it in high school

i do economics cos its interesting and is applicable to current issues - im always hearing about rate rises, mortgage crisises, fall in value of stocks etc and i used to wonder what that all meant, so i did economics

and it scales all right too ;)

Glenjamin

HSC
N/A
Economics is a great subject. You just have to look at the news lately and you understand what's happening and why it is occurring. My bro told me economic's is for the smarter people and bus. studies for the rest.

-blackzepellin-

HSC
Nothing else on that particular line and dad forced me haha

But its probably my favourite elective and it almost becomes common sense towards the end if you just read the paper everyday or watch lateline and other economic related programs etc.

And it scales better than almost anything?

aussie-boy

HSC
*it is ridiculously easy - 90% is common sense or straight forward logic and you can cram the night before and still get very good marks. Ive never done any homework or study before the night before and yet Eco yields my best marks.

*it is very interesting and applicable to every day issues; plus it puts me in a position where i can see past the short term benefits of cash in hand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)