• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Racism/Discrimination by teachers at School - advice? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
If you've got solid evidence (you know all the assessments a mark's based on and all your marks vs. another person's marks), then go speak to someone higher up. Express your concerns, and ask for an explanation.

If you're getting as screwed over as you think you are, then that'd help sort it out.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
vulgarfraction said:
If you've got solid evidence (you know all the assessments a mark's based on and all your marks vs. another person's marks), then go speak to someone higher up. Express your concerns, and ask for an explanation.

If you're getting as screwed over as you think you are, then that'd help sort it out.
Thats a good idea. Anyone had any personal experience to share in doing this?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
LottoX said:
Some Leb chicks are pretty hawt. It's a pity they make Leb babies though.

Haha, just joking, some Lebanese are really nice, it's a pity there's such a stereotype on them, despite how applicable it may be, it'll never apply to a whole race.
Primary school gave me the impression that Lebanese are generally not very compliant with authority but this changed with progression to secondary school but a select few are appreciable.

fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
thats because us lebs r cool
we deserve our extra marks
lol dnt h8
lol how gangstarz

L

littlewing69

S1M0 said:
If you know me, you'll know that the racist teachers i'm talking about have no reason to really hate me. The reason why i say they're racist, is because this teacher also hates me, a lebanese guy, around 3 asians and likes all the anglo-saxon whites. The teacher is British, and she treats the anglo-saxons different then they treats us, its justs gets on my nerves.

The reason you got a poor mark in English is evident right here.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
littlewing69 said:
The reason you got a poor mark in English is evident right here.
lol.

No my mind wasn't working straight. Sleeping at 12 and waking at 6 for 4 weeks straight will do that to you.

LynH1326

HSC
They shouldn't be doing it and if you have a complaint, speak to your year advisor. If it isnt resolved there, speak to the deputy principals and then the principal himself. If it still isn't resolved, speak to someone at the department of education - or get your parents to call on your behalf.

As i am doing an education degree, i do know that teachers are under no circumstances (regardless of what race they are or the race of the student in question... and even intelligence level, and in general a good worker) allowed to do what you have described.

Besdies, if your hsc marks are higher than the class marks, the Bos start asking questions about the teacher's competance and practices.

Anyways, i have a friend who was supposed to have her special provisions paperwork filled in and the principal wasn't doing his part. Her mother escalated it to the Department of Education, and it got as high up as the Minister for Education. The principal was put under an edict, which is where the Department sends people in to see if everything is being done correctly.
Good news: she got her special provisions and she sat for her HSC and is now at TAFE studying business.

Last edited:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
LynH1326 said:
They shouldn't be doing it and if you have a complaint, speak to your year advisor. If it isnt resolved there, speak to the deputy principals and then the principal himself. If it still isn't resolved, speak to someone at the department of education - or get your parents to call on your behalf.

As i am doing an education degree, i do know that teachers are under no circumstances (regardless of what race they are or the race of the student in question... and even intelligence level, and in general a good worker) allowed to do what you have described.

Besdies, if your hsc marks are higher than the class marks, the Bos start asking questions about the teacher's competance and practices.

Anyways, i have a friend who was supposed to have her special provisions paperwork filled in and the principal wasn't doing his part. Her mother escalated it to the Department of Education, and it got as high up as the Minister for Education. The principal was put under an edict, which is where the Department sends people in to see if everything is being done correctly.
Good news: she got her special provisions and she sat for her HSC and is now at TAFE studying business.
Interesting, thanks for the insight. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)